The Student Room Group

what are the chance we will go to war?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawtyb
his telling me what other people think as well, so no i doubt his lying to big up his job. i know his role and what he does etc,his never tried to big up anything about his life and has always been forthcoming when giving information that would be deemed as the opposite and has always been more then happy to talk about where his falling short so no his not, sorry

and trying to stir **** by saying his visiting that place, whats that got to do with the thread at hand? nothing, nothing at all so why even bring that up?

Because i've known so many squaddies like your boyfriend, in the UK and abroad. So many love to make stuff up to their partners, and during Mess functions when their partners are talking about things they've been told by the serviceman, the rest of us have to bite our bottom lip to not correct them.
It's always been that way and will always be that way.
I'm sure your boyfriend is a nice guy but take what he says with a pinch of salt.
Reply 61
Original post by !!mentor!!
Because i've known so many squaddies like your boyfriend, in the UK and abroad. So many love to make stuff up to their partners, and during Mess functions when their partners are talking about things they've been told by the serviceman, the rest of us have to bite our bottom lip to not correct them.
It's always been that way and will always be that way.
I'm sure your boyfriend is a nice guy but take what he says with a pinch of salt.

well you can hardly judge his character based on what i said here, after all, i know him better then you do, i know what his like and his miles different compared to the ones you know and believe me, i know them types.
his always been honest if his been out and what his been up to so i believe him if he says he wont go to places like that :smile:
he did say its not guaranteed so its not like what he says his lied about
I know that what my son tells me his job is in the army isn't actually what he does and I never question that. When he's home, we don't discuss anything other than where his next posting will be and how long and that goes for his two brothers and four sisters.
Even if there is something in the News about the Army, he never talks about it.
Original post by mcneill98
show of strength ?
Is that why the french and germans want you out of the eu soon as possible ? Is that why obama has said that the eu will get preferential treatment over the uk ?
Our is it the fact that, according to your very own national bank, you just voted for a recession and isolation ?

I'm sure the whole world is just shaking with fear.

shaking with fear
Reply 64
Original post by Seamus123
I know that what my son tells me his job is in the army isn't actually what he does and I never question that. When he's home, we don't discuss anything other than where his next posting will be and how long and that goes for his two brothers and four sisters.
Even if there is something in the News about the Army, he never talks about it.

it probably is mostly correct, theres prob just details he leaves out for obvious reasons
Original post by shawtyb
well you can hardly judge his character based on what i said here, after all, i know him better then you do, i know what his like and his miles different compared to the ones you know and believe me, i know them types.
his always been honest if his been out and what his been up to so i believe him if he says he wont go to places like that :smile:
he did say its not guaranteed so its not like what he says his lied about

i can ONLY judge him based on what you've said here. If he said, in the next couple of years we will be at war with Russia, that is an out and out lie. No Divisonal / Brigade (or lower) Commander believes that.
I really do hope he's not the sort but every wife, fiance, gitlfriend say the same thing, "He would never do that. I trust him". But like I said, I hope you're right.
If two countries with nukes started a war (both the UK and Russia have nuclear bombs) then the world ends. So no, it's not going to happen.
Reply 67
i can ONLY judge him based on what you've said here. If he said, in the next couple of years we will be at war with Russia, that is an out and out lie. No Divisonal / Brigade (or lower) Commander believes that.
I really do hope he's not the sort but every wife, fiance, gitlfriend say the same thing, "He would never do that. I trust him". But like I said, I hope you're right.

oh dont worry, im more then smart enough to know what he would do, his not perfect and i know there are certain things and he probably would go into a strip club if he was pressured/bugged into it, he says hed go back to camp but i know for a FACT he would go in but if it was sleeping with other women behind my back, i know he wouldnt.
he has too much to lose and im sure he doesnt want a broken nose
Original post by shawtyb
it probably is mostly correct, theres prob just details he leaves out for obvious reasons

Well, partly that, and partly by the time he sees all the family and the grandchildren, there isn't time before he has to go back.
Original post by shawtyb
oh dont worry, im more then smart enough to know what he would do, his not perfect and i know there are certain things and he probably would go into a strip club if he was pressured/bugged into it, he says hed go back to camp but i know for a FACT he would go in but if it was sleeping with other women behind my back, i know he wouldnt.
he has too much to lose and im sure he doesnt want a broken nose

Lol.
Reply 70
Lol.

whats funny about that? :/
Original post by shawtyb
whats funny about that? :/

I assumed that was joke. Like when people say, "If they do that, i'll kill them".
I don't think that they'd literally kill them. I didn't think you literally meant it when you said you would break his nose.
Won't happen.

In this modern era, large countries just fight proxy wars in other countries, as opposed to fighting each other. It's the smaller countries that end up doing their dirty work and suffering from it.
Reply 73
I assumed that was joke. Like when people say, "If they do that, i'll kill them".
I don't think that they'd literally kill them. I didn't think you literally meant it when you said you would break his nose.

oh i meant it...and he knows i would too :smile:
so if he ever does, he'd better hide it well, end it or run if i ever find out
Not very likely. I doubt we'll get involved in Syria, there isn't any other country (at the moment) we need to fight.
I don't see a war between major powers occurring , nuclear deterrence and all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending