The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick economics

Hi. Im looking to apply to warwick for econ.

Got 10 a stars at GCSE/ iGSCE as well as an a in a short course.

I take maths economics biology and chemistry for a level. Only maths has an as and i just got an a in that.

My predictions are a star for biology and a in all the other three.

What do you think my chances are?
Thanks.
you aren't looking at oxbridge? Avg Oxford (successful) applicant has 8A* v your 10 A*
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by James David
you aren't looking at oxbridge? Avg Oxford (successful) applicant has 8A* v your 10 A*

Not really mainly because ive heard oxbridge econ is very maths based and i dont take further maths.
Original post by DMM123
Not really mainly because ive heard oxbridge econ is very maths based and i dont take further maths.

You don't need further maths at oxford and the degree is half about management(its called economics and management) or you could try cambridge which is pure econ
Original post by James David
You don't need further maths at oxford and the degree is half about management(its called economics and management) or you could try cambridge which is pure econ

Yes you do...
Reply 5
So in response to my question do u think i have a chance with warwick?
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Yes you do...
No you don't. Check the website.

OP, since the standard offer is A*AA with an A in Maths, yes of course you have a chance. They may prefer the A* to be in Maths rather than Biology, but you do meet the minimum requirements so an offer is possible.

Quick Reply

Latest