The Student Room Group

I'm a gay Muslim AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by AMuslimGuy
#blackLivesMatter
Stop whitewashing everything in sight!!!!
and im not a fudgepacker so get off ur tiresome blanched butt n go get drunk n be sick as is ur usual friday night ritual highlight

Keep telling yourself that. Man, you really need some love in your life (or good ****ing).
Zeus is greek and thor is american hes made 2 movies already and the aman ra guy is a mummy BUT Allah is pakistani and from the punjab too !

Asking stupid questions. Use ur grey matter will you? Suplied to u by a pakistani God

Your telling me to use my grey matter? Seriously?.Aman ra was an egyptian god and he was just as imaginary as the judeo christian god.Allah is imaginary.Never did exist and never will.All gods were invented by man and allah is no exception and the sooner everyone realises that the better.
Original post by Wordsaredeadly
You're not going to be able to 'suppress' these urges unfortunately. People who told you they've done so are lying.

Hahaha ha
There are so many threads about gay Muslims.
Original post by Wōden
Not necessarilly. Many Muslims seem to value their religion above even their own family members. Why else do you think honour killings are so alarmingly common in Islam? Coming out openly could very well put OP in danger.

The reason why honour killings are 'so popular' within South Asian (and some Arab) communities is indeed the exact opposite. They care more about what other people think than their own judgement, wellbeing and RELIGION. People that care about what other people think in situations which are seen as controversial within Asian culture; choose to go to the path of honour killings, not because god told them so, it's so their 'misdeed' is banished from their family. So that every family within that village is aware that they now present that same girl that 'shamed' the family to be dead to their family, literally. They go to the comfort of saying that they do it for religion or some other bs so that their action is somewhat justified. This happens in India too, under the Hindu religion. They don't have the same ideology as Islam does (as you are aware). It's just culture that is put upon as a big barrier against religion. An example of this was on a BBC documentary called 'Murdered by my father'. It basically shows how there are some families in the South Asian community that care more for their pride and judgement of the public than the feelings of their family members.

If religion was seen as their main focus; you wouldn't be seeing flashy weddings where masses of money is wasted on things to ENTERTAIN GUESTS, inter-family marriages to keep property within the family and not have any outside people have any percentage of their land, men given justification to hitting their wives because it is seen to the PUBLIC that women should obey to their husband, families not allowing their sons or daughters to marry people of different race in the risk of their blood becoming impure, etc.

- Sorry if there are grammatical errors, I am quite tired. -
Maybe cos a paedo made u worship him evety night. Its okay. Let it all out. Lets tslk aboyt this from the beginning

What are you on about?

Mohammed was a paedophile, that's a fact. Why do Muslim of idolise him?
Original post by YoFadda
I didn't make this thread so people can 'help' me. I made it so that I can answer questions that people might have about Islam and homosexuality. I am not living in denial. The homosexuals who refuse to repent to God and change their awful desires and urges are.

I'm not a troll

Youre a troll. The fact u speak in the third person 'the homosexuals who refuse. ..' shows ur in extreme denial or a plain ol stupid troll ... or both
Reply 107
Original post by Nadiiiaax
x
It is very common to see Muslims stating that they love Muhammad and Allah more than they love their family.

Not a healthy relationship,
Original post by QE2
It is very common to see Muslims stating that they love Muhammad and Allah more than they love their family.

Correct and he was a pedophile, so that tells me all I need to know about Islam, especially when I have encountered Muslims defending and condoning it's (yes Muhammad is an it like all pedo scum) pedophillia on this very site.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 109
Original post by QE2

Of course. It's not unhealthy. Every Muslim prefers Allah to any human being.
Do you feel that Muslims have a duty to convince others of the Truth of Allah's existence? Is it ethical to allow those of us who have been brought up to believe that science is the best way to discover the truth about the universe to burn in hell for all eternity?
Original post by Lavaridge
Do you feel that Muslims have a duty to convince others of the Truth of Allah's existence? Is it ethical to allow those of us who have been brought up to believe that science is the best way to discover the truth about the universe to burn in hell for all eternity?

Muslims don't have a sense of duty to convince anyone of Allah's existence. Muslims only have a responsibility to 'race to do good'. You see, as Muslims we are taught that EVERY SOCIETY has been given a particular way to follow, science is for you as Islam is for Muslims.

We have this statement in our Qur'an "....For each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation , but to test you in what He has given you; so race to good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will inform you concerning that over which you used to differ"

as we see from 5:48 there is "a law" for "each" not "a law" for "all." So your law ( shari'ah) would be your scientific outlook. So use it to do good and be good. Similary Muslims too must use the shari'ah given to them to do good and not harm. In the end from the Muslim perspective we will reach the truth before Allah and He/She will tell us how we did. So you see, no good can come from saying to people who are not Muslims that they are going to Hell. It creates harm and division between the people who we must share this planet with.
(edited 7 years ago)
Muslims don't have a sense of duty to convince anyone of Allah's existence. Muslims only have a responsibility to 'race to do good'. You see, as Muslims we are taught that EVERY SOCIETY has been given a particular way to follow, science is for you as Islam is for Muslims.

We have this statement in our Qur'an "....For each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation , but to test you in what He has given you; so race to good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will inform you concerning that over which you used to differ"

as we see from 5:48 there is "a law" for "each" not "a law" for "all." So your law ( shari'ah) would be your scientific outlook. So use it to do good and be good. Similary Muslims too must use the shari'ah given to them to do good and not harm. In the end from the Muslim perspective we will reach the truth before Allah and He/She will tell us how we did. So you see, no good can come from saying to people who are not Muslims that they are going to Hell. It creates harm and division between the people who we must share this planet with.

That's really interesting. But science and secularism are things we chose to embrace as a society, they weren't prescribed by God, and they often go against the shari'ah he prescribed for you (from abortion to gay rights to divorce rights, all of which our 'law' teaches are good). We were pagan at the time of Muhammad, and later converted to Christianity. Are you saying it's okay for us to now be secular and broadly reject the Quran? And doesn't that implies that it would be okay for the Islamic world to make the same choice in the future?
Original post by YoFadda
I'm a guy attracted to guys. I haven't told my parents and I don't plan on having a relationship.

Why do you believe in God when there is no God?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
Original post by davidguettafan
Why do you believe in God when there is no God?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you not believe in God when there is a God?
When did you choose to be a Muslim?

As in what date and time did you sit down and think, "I'm a Muslim"

Or were you indoctrinated as a child? Like most religious people were?
Original post by YoFadda
I'm a guy attracted to guys. I haven't told my parents and I don't plan on having a relationship.

Allah would be proud...

Yours faithfully,
Paul

Quick Reply

Latest