The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys do you have to put ur first year uni grades on ur CV for SW? I achieved a 2.2 and I am worried that will hinder my chances, btw rest of my profile is quite strong (according to some analysts at IBs) but Im just wondering how much first year results could hold me back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 641
Original post by therealdeal580
Guys do you have to put ur first year uni grades on ur CV for SW? I achieved a 2.2 and I am worried that will hinder my chances, btw rest of my profile is quite strong (according to some analysts at IBs) but Im just wondering how much first year results could hold me back.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Given academic excellence is a prerequisite for most internships participants, I think you'll be asked to disclose your academic achievements one way or the other.

Unless you've something that up weights your GPA (I don't know your profile), I think a 2.2 will be a disadvantage, given most banks look for interns on a track for a 2.1 or above.
Reply 642
Original post by Princepieman
Nah, waiting for the others to open and doing test prep atm. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huh? You said the other day you only put your A levs for one of the apps meaning you have done some right.
Original post by Rkai01
Huh? You said the other day you only put your A levs for one of the apps meaning you have done some right.

Haven't submitted.. Prepped all the easy stuff - yet to do cover letters/app Qs.
Original post by Rkai01

Oooohhh i love snakey conspiracy theories

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 645
Haven't submitted.. Prepped all the easy stuff - yet to do cover letters/app Qs.

Oh right. What pschyo tests are you practising mostly? e.g numerical,verbal,sjt etc
Original post by Rkai01
Oh right. What pschyo tests are you practising mostly? e.g numerical,verbal,sjt etc

All of them
Original post by blksheep
What are my chances of landing FO SW without any relevant work experience, useless gap year and doing undergrad at warwick business school in october.

that is literally me lol, im such an idiot
Has anyone managed to apply to JPM, Morgan Stanley for spring week? I can't find their applications online :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by icecreamcake
Has anyone managed to apply to JPM, Morgan Stanley for spring week? I can't find their applications online :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

RIP that UCL brain:
http://careers.jpmorgan.com/careers/programs/spring-week

And MS isn't open.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 650
So when do most people actually start applying? Also how many SWs should you apply for?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mk_98
So when do most people actually start applying? Also how many SWs should you apply for?

Apply by mid October (just to get it all out of the way), and ofc if any SWs (Barc/Laz) open in Nov and Oct, as soon as you can by then. Leave GS until last in case you get anymore experience in your first few months at uni as they're non-rolling.

All of them, each will have single digit thousands of applicants so unless you think you're the next god, you're better off applying everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey are we all in competition with each other?
Might be a good time ti get all the snake costumes out
Nah, I used assessment day.. And it is the opposite, front office spring weeks will tend to have tests and tech/ops don't. Ofc, it is not uniformly true however.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you reccomend assessment day? It looks good but it's cheaper than other famous ones.
Can anyone list all the firms and their test providers, please? That will be so helpful) Thanks in advance!
Original post by Alinochka
Can anyone list all the firms and their test providers, please? That will be so helpful) Thanks in advance!

Just practice SHL and you should be relatively prepared

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Hey are we all in competition with each other?
Might be a good time ti get all the snake costumes out

AHA my mate from warwick who now works in FO at a BB told me that the snaking is real and that it really does screw people over :') said it is very much alive within warwick

Thanks for the link, but can you not be so rude the next time? Just because I couldn't find the link for JPM doesn't mean I don't have a brain. Rudeness won't get you anywhere :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by icecreamcake
Thanks for the link, but can you not be so rude the next time? Just because I couldn't find the link for JPM doesn't mean I don't have a brain. Rudeness won't get you anywhere :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a joke calm down :')

Everyone's so serious in here.

EDIT: You of course are smart and do have a brain.. I've spoken to you before, thought you'd know I was kidding but since you didn't I apologize

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Alinochka

Posted one in the summer thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending