The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Ok, finally about to run out of 5k eggs now.
All my eggs (except the one in incubator) are in the screenshot and am happy with that lot. Might even be able to get through half of them tomorrow. =D

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472833910.608136.jpg

Hoping for a few starters out of the lot of em. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
Ok, finally about to run out of 5k eggs now.
All my eggs (except the one in incubator) are in the screenshot and am happy with that lot. Might even be able to get through half of them tomorrow. =D

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472833910.608136.jpg

Hoping for a few starters out of the lot of em. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! I've had between 6-8 5k eggs for ages now :frown:

About to break my other incubator in a few km so might buy another one.. up to 190 coins again. I've found 4 gyms near where I live and I can usually take and hold 2 of them to collect coins.
Original post by Zerforax
Nice! I've had between 6-8 5k eggs for ages now :frown:

About to break my other incubator in a few km so might buy another one.. up to 190 coins again. I've found 4 gyms near where I live and I can usually take and hold 2 of them to collect coins.

Ok managed to hatch a couple of eggs and am 8/10k towards the 10k egg. Hatched a Vulpix and a Drowzee today.

The rain put a stop to my planned hike... Typical how when I want to walk, the first time it rains like this in MONTHS...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also managed to catch a couple of squirtles and a 930CP Jynx. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1544
Guys is it just me or are Great Balls and Ultra Balls rare as ****? I'm always getting spammed with normal balls, potions and revives

I rarely ever get them and it annoys me because I hardly get more than 20 Ultra balls at one time since I usually bump into rare pokemon so I use them up. But even then, I'd probably only get an ultra ball like once every 20 pokestops? I know they're good items but surely the rates can't be that bad
Ok managed to hatch a couple of eggs and am 8/10k towards the 10k egg. Hatched a Vulpix and a Drowzee today.
The rain put a stop to my planned hike... Typical how when I want to walk, the first time it rains like this in MONTHS...
Posted from TSR Mobile

i need your vulpix
how many km was the egg that hatched it? Decent cp or nah?

Original post by UWS
Guys is it just me or are Great Balls and Ultra Balls rare as ****? I'm always getting spammed with normal balls, potions and revives

I rarely ever get them and it annoys me because I hardly get more than 20 Ultra balls at one time since I usually bump into rare pokemon so I use them up. But even then, I'd probably only get an ultra ball like once every 20 pokestops? I know they're good items but surely the rates can't be that bad

Literally the same as you
fkn pessed me right off :frown:
Original post by UWS

I think that's kinda the point?
Did watch a vid and a guy said once he reached level 30, he started getting more great balls than pokeballs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
i need your vulpix
how many km was the egg that hatched it? Decent cp or nah?

Literally the same as you
fkn pessed me right off :frown:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472930436.636075.jpg

Got from a 5k egg. Only ever had 2 vulpix and both from 5k eggs. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472930436.636075.jpg

Got from a 5k egg. Only ever had 2 vulpix and both from 5k eggs. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

sick bruh
yay gives me some hope
ngl but my luck with eggs isn't too great, all the ones i have atm are 5's or 2's
i have 1 10km one which hatched into a fakin pidgey
i nearly rage dropped my phone when that happend
the only other pokemon i hatched recently from eggs were weedles and one ryhorn which was decent
:frown:
Hatched an Electabuzz.. can't decide if I should power it just so I have a half decent electric type to help against all those water types in gyms..
I swear to god if this comes out as an Eevee, I'm not gonna be happy... Or even worse an Onyx, at least an Eevee has a use...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472982069.016986.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got myself a Raichu yesterday. There's a Pikachu nest not far from where I live.
Luck hasn't been great with 10k eggs. Got 2 dratini's ( We have spawners, I think near our place since there's lots of them). The only good one is Electabuzz. And then I got trolled by a Jynx. To be fair, I kinda stopped playing the game now since by interest has dwindled.
Ok, 10k egg hatched and got this.

Attachment not found

Could have been A LOT better then again, could have been worse...

Oh yeah, have a Jynx nest in my area...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1473010314.920813.jpg

Why couldn't it be something useful like a dratini nest or a starter nest...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, 10k egg hatched and got this.

Attachment not found

Could have been A LOT better then again, could have been worse...

Oh yeah, have a Jynx nest in my area...

Why couldn't it be something useful like a dratini nest or a starter nest...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't see what you hatched from the 10k. I see loads of Jynx in central London too. I think I have about 60 Jynx candy with no use..

Anyone have useful info about the new buddy system?

Trainers, the upcoming version of Pokémon GO introduces a new Buddy Pokémon experience. You will be able to pick your favorite Pokémon to become your buddy. Having a Buddy Pokémon opens up unique in-game rewards and experiences. Buddy Pokémon will appear alongside your Trainer avatar on your profile screen. A Trainer can earn Candy for their buddy by walking a certain distance. When you want a different experience, you will be able to choose a new buddy at any time. Go out and explore the world with your Buddy Pokémon!
Follow our official channels to receive updates.

I think that is the text from Niantic. Not sure what the unique in-game experiences will be but at least this way you can get way more candy for different pokemon. Should make life easier..

On friendly gym battles, my experience so far shows that it's actually better to use lower CP pokemon to raise prestige in same colour gym.

This morning I used a 2k Lapras to take out a 1500 Arcanine and a 1700 Dragonite and I added around 350 prestige. I then used a 1300 Golduck to take out the 1500 Arcanine and then fled before the second round and I added over 500 prestige.

So looks like type advantage/moveset can be quite handy (my golduck has water gun and hydro pump as the moves so was easy to win).

Ugh I now have 9x 5k eggs. Almost tempted to get 8 incubators.. :colondollar:

Also accidentally used my lucky egg. So had to rush my evolutions while not prepared. Still managed to get around 55 in I think so now just need another 25k XP to get to level 24.
Can't see what you hatched from the 10k. I see loads of Jynx in central London too. I think I have about 60 Jynx candy with no use..

I think that is the text from Niantic. Not sure what the unique in-game experiences will be but at least this way you can get way more candy for different pokemon. Should make life easier..

On friendly gym battles, my experience so far shows that it's actually better to use lower CP pokemon to raise prestige in same colour gym.

This morning I used a 2k Lapras to take out a 1500 Arcanine and a 1700 Dragonite and I added around 350 prestige. I then used a 1300 Golduck to take out the 1500 Arcanine and then fled before the second round and I added over 500 prestige.

So looks like type advantage/moveset can be quite handy (my golduck has water gun and hydro pump as the moves so was easy to win).

Ugh I now have 9x 5k eggs. Almost tempted to get 8 incubators.. :colondollar:

Also accidentally used my lucky egg. So had to rush my evolutions while not prepared. Still managed to get around 55 in I think so now just need another 25k XP to get to level 24.

Was a 800 and something CP Hitmonlee...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was a 800 and something CP Hitmonlee...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea I hatched an 800 hitmonchan recently (thunder punch as charge move) which was pretty useless too.

Tbh I think all I want from a 10k egg now is a Snorlax?
Reply 1557

So you just have a Pokemon following you around like in the other Pokemon games? Sounds cool. Dunno how it can get random candy though but I am very interested to find out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
So you just have a Pokemon following you around like in the other Pokemon games? Sounds cool. Dunno how it can get random candy though but I am very interested to find out

Posted from TSR Mobile

There won't be any visual change when you walk around but on your trainer picture it will add the pokemon you have made your buddy.

Seems then if you walk distance (to be confirmed how far but like with eggs) you can then earn candy for that buddy? I imagine it will be limited per day for each buddy but will be a good way to help power rarer pokemon? Or get those last few candies for evolutions.
Original post by UWS

Posted from TSR Mobile

It seems to suggest it's not random candy, but more likely for every 1km you'll get 1 candy of that type of pokemon. so watch as everyone suddenly has dratini or magikarp following them round.

Quick Reply