The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

There's a Sixth Form FAQ with links to student ladder, I would advise reading it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is ubs numerical shl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cooldudeman
Is ubs numerical shl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. 18q - 25 min
How long do Deutsche Bank tests take to come through on average? I submitted overnight so I'm guessing not to expect them until Monday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
How long do Deutsche Bank tests take to come through on average? I submitted overnight so I'm guessing not to expect them until Monday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe that someone within HR will look at your whole application once you have been tested, so it could take a few days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah it normally takes 1-2 days based on my exp
Reply 207
Original post by cooldudeman
I did the practice for DB numerical but it seemed exactly like the pwc practice which was shl.

You sure it was konexa

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's SHL... used to be Kenexa, though
(edited 7 years ago)
Pretty sure no one will know, but does anyone have an idea of how many graduate roles there are going at RBC Capital Markets? Not sure whether to apply summer / graduate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if Barclays or Bank of America Merrill Lynch are open for applications yet? Can't find anything on their websites but they must be opening soon surely?!!!
Original post by rainandthunder
Does anyone know if Barclays or Bank of America Merrill Lynch are open for applications yet? Can't find anything on their websites but they must be opening soon surely?!!!

I looked at Barclays within the last few days, couldn't find anything. *
Original post by econ400
Has anyone done the Citi FT exercise before?

Have you already got an AC?

Yes - the exercise is literally they give you a copy of the FT. You pick out three (I think?) stories of interest. Then in the following interview you have to explain why you picked that story, why it interests you, how it relates to your division and why it impacts Citi.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 212
Original post by josh_v
I looked at Barclays within the last few days, couldn't find anything. *

I'm sure Barclays open tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BH83
I'm sure Barclays open tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought I'd be getting ahead by starting in mid-august. They're all opening up far too fast for me right now.*
Original post by econ400
No - I've just applied but remembed seeing it last year. What do you think are the best articles to go for - perhaps not as obvious as you might think if it's just an average weekday?

It's not easy because it has to be articles in the news that day. And obviously some days are better than others. The more related it is to IBD, the better.

Or you could take a more broader topic like economic data and say how that could feed through. Or something like banking fines and argue why this is important for reputation etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any visibility on how many graduates Barclays are taking this year?

Wondering if I should apply to the summer internship since they normally have a January in-take?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any visibility on how many graduates Barclays are taking this year?

Wondering if I should apply to the summer internship since they normally have a January in-take?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey man, dropped you a message. Maybe Off-Cycle instead?
Reply 217
has anyone applied to barclays? The application form seems to be very light... just asks for contact details and education... no CV or cover letter upload, nothing about prior work experience?
Reply 218
Original post by stm93
has anyone applied to barclays? The application form seems to be very light... just asks for contact details and education... no CV or cover letter upload, nothing about prior work experience?

My thoughts were exactly the same, it took about 5 minutes to apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stm93

Check out the summer thread, explained it there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest