4 Birkbeck University of London
5. Middlesex University

Overrated

1. London school of Economics
2. Warwick University
3.Exeter
4.Queen Mary, University of BTEC's
5.Nottingham

Please, stop making these kinds of threads. It does nothing and just gets people super angry for no real reason.
Thanks.
Have you been a student or member of staff at all of them to be able to make such judgements? Because I doubt it lol
Reply 3
Underrated: My university that I got in to

Overrated: The universities that I couldn't get in to
There is no way to even know which uni's are underrated or overrated unless you have actually studied there.
These types of threads are so unnecessary
Overrated: Oxford, LSE
underrated: London Metropolitan- according to the many sources on TSR, all their friends are now working in the City having graduated from London Met
Original post by Vividly clear
Here's Mine

4 Birkbeck University of London
5. Middlesex University

I would really love to hear the rationale for these two.

Birkbeck is just jam packed with odd old people.

Middlesex - ok I think they're good at teaching nursing, but apart from that it's just roadmen and clueless Asians
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Overrated: Oxford, LSE
underrated: London Metropolitan- according to the many sources on TSR, all their friends are now working in the City having graduated from London Met

Are they also from single-parent families on council estates, who worked really really hard against all the odds to realise their dreams?
Original post by Trinculo
Are they also from single-parent families on council estates, who worked really really hard against all the odds to realise their dreams?

Yes. They embody the modern day fairytail
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Yes. They embody the modern day fairytail

Don't forget they also know of a snobby private school down the road where the students didn't do as well as the noble TSRians.
You've never been there so I don't see how you can tell. Everyone has different experiences of those unis anyway. Useless thread
Why is Warwick overrated?
Original post by glebp

I would presume because tons of people go on about it without actually knowing why.

It's like a self-fulfilling trope. People talk to their friends and hear that Warwick is great. They go on TSR and see it mentioned all over the place. They come to the conclusion that Warwick is the bee's knees without actually ever knowing why, or having met anyone who's been - and then they repeat it.

Not saying it's not great - it's probably pretty good. All I'm saying is that having been there, it's a really dull place and the people I know who went are pretty dull too.
Kings is overrated as hell

whenever Kings students talk about their uni in the same breadth as something like UCL I cagegif in my head.
Original post by Trinculo
I would really love to hear the rationale for these two.

Birkbeck is just jam packed with odd old people.

Middlesex - ok I think they're good at teaching nursing, but apart from that it's just roadmen and clueless Asians

LOOOL.

I mean they have nice facilities, free printing and 24/7 Internet access
Original post by BabyLadDarren
Kings is overrated as hell

whenever Kings students talk about their uni in the same breadth as something like UCL I cagegif in my head.

It is in the same "Breath" and they even surpass UCL is some courses like Law, Medicine and Dentistry, along with War studies and Politics.

They are both ranked in the top 20 in the world
Original post by glebp

The ones who go to the Uni on here go on about it as if Gandhi, Mother teresa, Albert Einstein, Jesus Christ and George Washington went to their University.

They even claim that it's as good as oxbridge and there isn't much difference in employment prospects in 3 of those Universities
Original post by The Good Doctor
Have you been a student or member of staff at all of them to be able to make such judgements? Because I doubt it lol

You don't have to attend London south bank University to know that you are going to a Sh*t University.
Overrated; Oxford & and Cambridge
Underrated; UEL
Original post by Vividly clear
It is in the same "Breath" and they even surpass UCL is some courses like Law, Medicine and Dentistry, along with War studies and Politics.

They are both ranked in the top 20 in the world

Shake my head, War Studies.

Besides being just about the only place in the country you can read that, the student body are almost entirely made up of Air Cadets and Asian boys with gun fetishes. It's worse than Imperial.