The Student Room Group

My friends is prettier than me?

We went to visit my home friends with my uni friends and they kept saying how good looking she was and this always happened at home, she would take the limelight away from me.

I don't know how to cope with this, generally she's not in my life, we are friends but not great friends…just makes me feel like **** when peole keep saying that to me about my friend.

I mean not that i don't get attention, we are very different looking
Reply 1
Jealousy isn't an attractive trait.
So what? Bet you have a particular characteristic that she doesn't have
We are all different in a good way. Don't get held up on differences
Stop feeling sorry for yourself. There's far more to life than looks. If someone else is prettier than you, it doesn't actually decrease your attractiveness.
Reply 5
Original post by Laurasaur
Stop feeling sorry for yourself. There's far more to life than looks. If someone else is prettier than you, it doesn't actually decrease your attractiveness.

:biggrin: really?
Original post by Sisuphos
:biggrin: really?

Seriously. It bugs me how hung up some people are on how they look. Life's too damn short, and I'm in too bad a mood to give comforting advice and reassurance 😂
Reply 7
Seriously. It bugs me how hung up some people are on how they look. Life's too damn short, and I'm in too bad a mood to give comforting advice and reassurance 😂

Maybe they're "hung up" on how they look because looks matter a lot in surprising ways, not just romantically.
Maybe they're "hung up" on how they look because looks matter a lot in surprising ways, not just romantically.

There are so many more important things about a person. Sure, studies show attractiveness can help you in certain situations, but worrying about it causes more problems than it's worth.
Reply 9
There are so many more important things about a person. Sure, studies show attractiveness can help you in certain situations, but worrying about it causes more problems than it's worth.

I don't like rational responses.
OP your friends are* prettier than you.

Wanna be friends?
"Oh jealousy, thou art a heartless *****." - Winston Churchill, said at the opening of Olympic Games in 2013.
I don't like rational responses.

Haha I like you
I think a lot of us have felt a bit of envy or bitterness towards someone else's looks or traits but its important to not dwell on them and remember that you are your own person with your own attractive traits, whether you believe that or not.
Original post by lousmithy
We went to visit my home friends with my uni friends and they kept saying how good looking she was and this always happened at home, she would take the limelight away from me.

I don't know how to cope with this, generally she's not in my life, we are friends but not great friends…just makes me feel like **** when peole keep saying that to me about my friend.

I mean not that i don't get attention, we are very different looking

The person you are will last forever, your looks won't (this from a 68 year old). Your friends looks won't last forever either, but they will always be *****es.
Reminds me of family events where relatives talks about how pretty my older sister is and I'm just there like

There's more to life than looks
Comparing yourself to other people is a game you'll never win.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending