The Student Room Group

Personal Statement topic/course issue

If I write a personal statement about economics but I still apply to a few Unis for Accounting and Finance, will the statement be fine or would I actually need to mention accounting and finance stuff and get rid of economics where possible?
Reply 1
If I make my PS primarily or only Economics (as that is the easiest topic to do) related, if I then applied to a few Accounting and Finance courses, will they accept that or do I need to have put down somewhere in my PS about accounting and finance stuff and maybe not mention economics?
Original post by Nirm
If I make my PS primarily or only Economics (as that is the easiest topic to do) related, if I then applied to a few Accounting and Finance courses, will they accept that or do I need to have put down somewhere in my PS about accounting and finance stuff and maybe not mention economics?

Yh I am in the same position as you :smile: From what I've seen a lot of Accounting and Finance courses has Micro/Macro courses in it but then again I feel like this catering for an Economics course instead. Im curious to know what people say
It depends on whether your economics courses cover a&f type modules. If they do, then you should be OK mentioning a&f. If they don't, then you shouldn't mention a&f, but that will of course hinder your a&f choices
Original post by Nirm
If I write a personal statement about economics but I still apply to a few Unis for Accounting and Finance, will the statement be fine or would I actually need to mention accounting and finance stuff and get rid of economics where possible?

Writing for two subjects is difficult, which is your preferred one?
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
Writing for two subjects is difficult, which is your preferred one?

This is difficult, basically I did bad at A2, so will be retaking stuff. I honestly really want to do Economics but it is way more competitive than Accounting and Finance (at top unis) and honestly I find writing about Accounting and Finance, primarily the accounting part- very hard. And most Economics courses are basically "get all A*s in first sitting or bye bye", so I was thinking of trying for a few anyway but keeping A&F as back up in a sense if you know what I mean.
Original post by Nirm
This is difficult, basically I did bad at A2, so will be retaking stuff. I honestly really want to do Economics but it is way more competitive than Accounting and Finance (at top unis) and honestly I find writing about Accounting and Finance, primarily the accounting part- very hard. And most Economics courses are basically "get all A*s in first sitting or bye bye", so I was thinking of trying for a few anyway but keeping A&F as back up in a sense if you know what I mean.

Why not apply to 5 econ courses then you can apply to accounting through extra with a different personal statement in a worst case scenario.
Original post by claireestelle
Why not apply to 5 econ courses then you can apply to accounting through extra with a different personal statement in a worst case scenario.

How many UCAS extra options do you get if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Original post by Ze Witcher
How many UCAS extra options do you get if you don't mind me asking :smile:

You pick one at a time but you can keep trying to get a place through that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending