The Student Room Group

going to university with braces

I got my braces when I was 15 and I'm 18 now and still have them on. I'm moving away next week for uni ( about 1-2 hours away) and I thought I'd still be able to go home and have my appointments but now looking at my timetable I don't think that's possible. What do I do? I've got an appointment next Monday so I will tell them then. Will I have to get my braces off even if I'm not finished with my treatment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I asked my orthodontist and they said just find one down there and they can transfer me, I just email/phone my old one. They said there may be a fee involved if the orthodontist I am moving to requires one.
Original post by kingLAWZA
I asked my orthodontist and they said just find one down there and they can transfer me, I just email/phone my old one. They said there may be a fee involved if the orthodontist I am moving to requires one.

oh I see, was the fee a lot?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegumcat
oh I see, was the fee a lot?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not at uni yet so idk
I got my braces when I was 15 and I'm 18 now and still have them on. I'm moving away next week for uni ( about 1-2 hours away) and I thought I'd still be able to go home and have my appointments but now looking at my timetable I don't think that's possible. What do I do? I've got an appointment next Monday so I will tell them then. Will I have to get my braces off even if I'm not finished with my treatment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could find an orthodontist in the area of where your University is located. After finding one, give details of that orthodontist in your place so that the details regarding your treatment could be shared. This is what my doctor advised me to do as I recently got braces(It's been two weeks) as I'll be moving out of the country for Uni where I'm currently living.
Original post by sabahshahed294
You could find an orthodontist in the area of where your University is located. After finding one, give details of that orthodontist in your place so that the details regarding your treatment could be shared. This is what my doctor advised me to do as I recently got braces(It's been two weeks) as I'll be moving out of the country for Uni where I'm currently living.

I tried looking for one but the closest one is like an hour away from my uni I think. this just gets even more annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
I tried looking for one but the closest one is like an hour away from my uni I think. this just gets even more annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh. Maybe you should then change your appointment and make it on a weekend or something like that with your current orthodontist. Try consulting with him/her regarding this matter.
Oh. Maybe you should then change your appointment and make it on a weekend or something like that with your current orthodontist. Try consulting with him/her regarding this matter.

unfortunately they're not open on the weekends :frown: I have an appointment on Monday so I'll discuss then

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's university, not your cliche Hollywood high school. Bloody calm down.
Original post by Withengar
It's university, not your cliche Hollywood high school. Bloody calm down.

and your point is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
unfortunately they're not open on the weekends :frown: I have an appointment on Monday so I'll discuss then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sad. :frown: Hope things work out positively. :smile:
Oh sad. :frown: Hope things work out positively. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest