The Student Room Group

***UKCAT 2017 poll***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 123ash
Excellent score! Def go for GEM!*

You don't think the VR will hinder me in any way?
Reply 181
Original post by Rosser1994
You don't think the VR will hinder me in any way?

The only Uni which I know has VR as a separate cut off is Warwick. And I don't think 640 is a bad score at all! From what i've read from other comments VR seems to be the weakest area for most candidates.*

*I would call Warwick and ask for an approx, Im sure they can give you a guideline for their previous years VR cut off.

Regards your overall then that is great! I know kings look at the overall and the banding for SJT.

Good luck! I'd be over the moon with a score like that!*
Original post by 123ash
The only Uni which I know has VR as a separate cut off is Warwick. And I don't think 640 is a bad score at all! From what i've read from other comments VR seems to be the weakest area for most candidates.*

*I would call Warwick and ask for an approx, Im sure they can give you a guideline for their previous years VR cut off.

Regards your overall then that is great! I know kings look at the overall and the banding for SJT.

Good luck! I'd be over the moon with a score like that!*

Wow I didn't think it was that good, thanks for the information!

Hope your test goes well! 😁
Reply 183
Wow I didn't think it was that good, thanks for the information!

Hope your test goes well! 😁

I thin above 730 overall is a good safe score. Warwick cut off im not so sure about but I cant see the cut off being much higher. :-)

Yeh, i hope so, but im not feeling confident! Thanks*
Original post by 123ash
I thin above 730 overall is a good safe score. Warwick cut off im not so sure about but I cant see the cut off being much higher. :-)

Yeh, i hope so, but im not feeling confident! Thanks*

If the 730 cutoff is referring to GEM entry then I couldn't be happier!

If you're after some last minute prep, there's a Kaplan book available on Amazon, it took me about 3 or 4 days to work my way through it all but it's massively worth it. Really helped me with AR and VR.
Reply 185
If the 730 cutoff is referring to GEM entry then I couldn't be happier!

If you're after some last minute prep, there's a Kaplan book available on Amazon, it took me about 3 or 4 days to work my way through it all but it's massively worth it. Really helped me with AR and VR.

Yes, from previous years 730 is a good score for GEM. For UG 640 is an EXCELLENT score from what I've read in comments.

I have the Kaplan book. Im a lost cause nothing can help me.

Was it your 1st attempt at UKCAT? *
Original post by 123ash
Yes, from previous years 730 is a good score for GEM. For UG 640 is an EXCELLENT score from what I've read in comments.

I have the Kaplan book. Im a lost cause nothing can help me.

Was it your 1st attempt at UKCAT? *

3rd UKCAT attempt, I sat it once back in 2011/12 (can't remember) for UG before getting onto BMedSci

2nd was last year where I did hopelessly, worse than my first sitting and now this year.

If it makes you feel any better, i think the major majority of people do much better in the exam, before it I was averaging 550 and band 3, I did the Kaplan online practice test they offer on their site the night before with explanations.. Give that a go, it was a massive help
Reply 187
3rd UKCAT attempt, I sat it once back in 2011/12 (can't remember) for UG before getting onto BMedSci

2nd was last year where I did hopelessly, worse than my first sitting and now this year.

If it makes you feel any better, i think the major majority of people do much better in the exam, before it I was averaging 550 and band 3, I did the Kaplan online practice test they offer on their site the night before with explanations.. Give that a go, it was a massive help

I've already done that too :facepalm:. Thanks though*
Got my exam tomorrow :frown:. My weakest area in QR despite maths being my strongest subject. Any last minute tips?
Bump. Keep the thread alive!

If anyone's wondering, TSR's average score stopped dropping about a week ago. We're still a long way from done though, these polls normally have at least twice as many responses as this one does.
Original post by Chikkinn
Bump. Keep the thread alive!

If anyone's wondering, TSR's average score stopped dropping about a week ago. We're still a long way from done though, these polls normally have at least twice as many responses as this one does.

So what's the average so far?
Original post by Medici103
So what's the average so far?

705.94. Has been between 705 and 707 for ages now.
Honestly didn't think my 743 was any good for gem, you're making me feel much better!
705.94. Has been between 705 and 707 for ages now.

Where is that data from?
Reply 194
Original post by mikea2612
Got my exam tomorrow :frown:. My weakest area in QR despite maths being my strongest subject. Any last minute tips?

Ditto, My test today. Have always been consistent. QR 430-450, VR 500-550, AR 550-600. I know these scores are no good, but Im still sitting the test so i get a feel for the whole atmosphere and nerves.*

Good luck!*
Original post by AMG2013
Where is that data from?

From this poll, if you assume that everyone scored the median of the range they voted. Calculating it the same way from previous years' polls set the average at around 690-695.
From this poll, if you assume that everyone scored the median of the range they voted. Calculating it the same way from previous years' polls set the average at around 690-695.

I think it'll be around the same in the end. There still isn't enough people voting (which I find quite surprising!) as previous years.
Reply 197
Alot of people in the 825+ category are lying btw :P Might be skewing the results a little bit.
My average score was 660 but Im applying for undergraduate medicibe courses. For places like Keele, Bham, Bristol and Sheffield/HYMS woukd you think it's strong enough? :smile: (my GCSEs were very strong though fortunately otherwise Id be panicking :biggrin:) Good luck to everyone taking the test :smile:

I can't believe Sone people are getting 825 plus XD
Original post by HarrisonGCSE
Alot of people in the 825+ category are lying btw :P Might be skewing the results a little bit.

Yes it appears they will have skewed up the results too. I'm pretty sure leaving the false 825+ voters will bring the average to about 698ish

Quick Reply

Latest