The Student Room Group

BTEC Subsidiary Business Level 3 Help Please (Thanks)

Hey, I am going to be studying BTEC Subsidiary Business Level 3 this year and I need some guidance to know more about the course itself, because I am planning to aim for a Distinction grade. If anyone have knowledge about this course, it would be great you shared them please.

I have a few Questions.
1) Is this a 1 Year Course?
2) Is this equivalent to 1 A-level?
3) Tips for Distinction Grade? How difficult is it? Any secrets?
4) Does decent or average Universities accept this course as equivalent to 1 A Level? (No Oxbridge)

It would be great if anyone that have knowledge of this course help me, it would help a lot and show how much of a kind person you are :smile:.
Reply 1
Also, I can do 2 A-Levels courses after the end of this BTEC course right? (If this BTEC is worth 1 A-Level). Then this would mean I get 3 worth of A-Level qualifications by the time I finish all of them taking about 3 years. The only reason I am taking BTEC not A-Levels this year is because of GCSE issues but that's irrelevant to my question anyways...
Reply 2
Hey I have just completed Business Level 3 BTEC.
Yes it is equivalent to 1 Alevel.
The course its self is not hard. It is a lot of research and can be quite repetitive. I had 47% attendance at college and have finished with Distinction* Distinction* in a Business Diploma. Initially I was doing subsidiary but opted to do the full diploma just 5 months before the end of college.
Decent unis do accept BTECS. I did BTEC Level 3 Applied Science, Business and Art and design and was accepted into UCL, York, Manchester and Nottingham.

If you need any help with regards to formatting your work etc. pm me. Hope this helps.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Kayax
Hey I have just completed Business Level 3 BTEC.
Yes it is equivalent to 1 Alevel.
The course its self is not hard. It is a lot of research and can be quite repetitive. I had 47% attendance at college and have finished with Distinction* Distinction* in a Business Diploma. Initially I was doing subsidiary but opted to do the full diploma just 5 months before the end of college.
Decent unis do accept BTECS. I did BTEC Level 3 Applied Science, Business and Art and design and was accepted into UCL, York, Manchester and Nottingham.

If you need any help with regards to formatting your work etc. pm me. Hope this helps.

Alright, thanks man. Nice to know you didn't find it hard, hopefully I will not find it hard as well although everyone is at a different level. I wouldn't mind some assistance if I need some help with my work so it's great you are open to helping

I'm a little curious of 47% of attendance you had at college. Did you find it easy you didn't need to attend the classes? Your College don't care about your attendance? Sorry I haven't started College just yet so I am not familiar.
Reply 4
Thanks for the advice.
Reply 5
Original post by Vincent29
Alright, thanks man. Nice to know you didn't find it hard, hopefully I will not find it hard as well although everyone is at a different level. I wouldn't mind some assistance if I need some help with my work so it's great you are open to helping

I'm a little curious of 47% of attendance you had at college. Did you find it easy you didn't need to attend the classes? Your College don't care about your attendance? Sorry I haven't started College just yet so I am not familiar.

No, I was very ill so attending was difficult. You will be fine you will be taught all the information you need to complete your assignments anyways. :smile:
Reply 6
Kayax are you still there? I started my Sub Dip Business course but my teacher says this is worth 2 A-levels and the course will take 2 years. I am a bit confused. Is two distinction grades you get worth 2 A-levels grades? How many units did you did in a year?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending