The Student Room Group

AS-Level retake email help!

Hey I got into year 13 but I want to redo my AS Levels, just wondering if anyone could help me with starting off an email to my head of year about saying I'd rather not progress into year 13, I'd like resit last year. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by ollie1024
Hey I got into year 13 but I want to redo my AS Levels, just wondering if anyone could help me with starting off an email to my head of year about saying I'd rather not progress into year 13, I'd like resit last year. Thanks :smile:

Some sixth forms will not allow this, I know mine does not anymore.

Firstly, check it is possible and explain your reasons why. Then progress onto the finer details later.
Reply 2
Original post by jamestg
Some sixth forms will not allow this, I know mine does not anymore.

Firstly, check it is possible and explain your reasons why. Then progress onto the finer details later.

I already know this is possible, many people I know have already requested to resit the year.
Reply 3
Original post by ollie1024
I already know this is possible, many people I know have already requested to resit the year.

Cracking!

Just say...

a) what went wrong and why
b) how you're going to improve
c) what you want to achieve (don't be too overambitious - you can just say "go to a good uni to study...")
Reply 4
Original post by jamestg
Cracking!

Just say...

a) what went wrong and why
b) how you're going to improve
c) what you want to achieve (don't be too overambitious - you can just say "go to a good uni to study...":wink:

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest