The Student Room Group

A Level Economics

I'll be moving onto A2 Economics in a weeks time and it would be very helpful if anyone has some tips to be able to get through this year and hopefully achieve an A. I'll be extremely pleased if anyone has some good notes on either AS or A2 economics that I can refer to throughout the year.

All help is very much appreciated and thank you.
Reply 1
What exam board are you doing?

A level is all about how you write in the exams, just look at the mark schemes and you will be fine.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by banana5
What exam board are you doing?

A level is all about how you write in the exams, just look at the mark schemes and you will be fine.

AQA, I generally look through the specification therefore my knowledge is fairly well however my evaluation and essays aren't as good
Reply 3
Original post by TBoy11
AQA, I generally look through the specification therefore my knowledge is fairly well however my evaluation and essays aren't as good

I did Edexcel myself.

You can easily work on improving that.
http://www.economicshelp.org/ - Used this a fair bit, helped with the content and with thinking of good evaluation points.

http://www.tutor2u.net/economics - Never really used the website myself, but went to a conference and that was really good. Have a look and see if you can sign up for them.

Best of luck.
Original post by banana5
I did Edexcel myself.

You can easily work on improving that.
http://www.economicshelp.org/ - Used this a fair bit, helped with the content and with thinking of good evaluation points.

http://www.tutor2u.net/economics - Never really used the website myself, but went to a conference and that was really good. Have a look and see if you can sign up for them.

Best of luck.

Hi,
How was economics ? How did you find it ?
Reply 5
Original post by nisha.sri
Hi,
How was economics ? How did you find it ?

Hi,

It was good, currently studying Economics at uni haha.

I found it fun, links to my future career quite well, I want to be an Investment Banker.
Original post by banana5
Hi,

It was good, currently studying Economics at uni haha.

I found it fun, links to my future career quite well, I want to be an Investment Banker.

Oh ok wow :smile:
What did you get in your alevels ?
Reply 7
Oh ok wow :smile:
What did you get in your alevels ?

Maths A*
Economics A
Physics A

Are you just starting A-level Economics then?
Reply 8
Hi, I did the whole AQA economics A-level this year and got an A.

- The mark schemes are really helpful for structuring essays and answering the 10 and 15 mark questions and they give you a good idea of what counts as analysis/evaluation.

- For A2 macro, I memorised loads of (current) figures for the UK (things like growth, exchange rate, inflation ect.) You can just slot them into the end of your paragraphs when it's relevant and you're pretty much guaranteed to improve your analysis/evaluation!

- You've probably be told this but make a plan beforehand when answering the 25 mark questions, so write down bullet points of arguments you are going to make as well as evaluation points when you think of them.
Original post by banana5
Maths A*
Economics A
Physics A

Are you just starting A-level Economics then?

Oh wow !! That's amazing !
Yep and i'm very nervous about it. Do you think there is a lot to memorize ?
Original post by TBoy11
I'll be moving onto A2 Economics in a weeks time and it would be very helpful if anyone has some tips to be able to get through this year and hopefully achieve an A. I'll be extremely pleased if anyone has some good notes on either AS or A2 economics that I can refer to throughout the year.

All help is very much appreciated and thank you.

You NEED a TEXTBOOK, PAST PAPERS, and COLORED PENS (for revision) to get an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

One Idea I'm thinking for Economics is using a small whiteboard and drawing Economic graphs over and over again until it sticks in my memory. I don't know if it'll work :/
I believe you have to be efficient with the economic terms.
Reply 12

Quite a bit to memorize. But was easier than Maths and Physics haha.

If you just get into a good route of keeping up with content, you will be fine. The main thing that differs an A to a B student is the evaluation in the essay questions.

What other A-levels are you doing?
Original post by banana5
Quite a bit to memorize. But was easier than Maths and Physics haha.

If you just get into a good route of keeping up with content, you will be fine. The main thing that differs an A to a B student is the evaluation in the essay questions.

What other A-levels are you doing?

I see :smile: Thank you
Biology,chemistry and maths

Quick Reply

Latest