The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midlander
Can we just win a ****ing game yet?

Just a joke...
Original post by Mackay
Really good match at London Road today. A decent advertisement for League One football: a couple of penalties, an own goal, some good attacking play.

Glad you had a game that was completed, unlike the decision to abandon the Newport v Barnet game at half time because of three puddles that should have been cleared with a small delay. I wonder if Newport had been winning whether or not the abandonment would have occurred.
I like Barnet's new ground, I visited it last weekend for a ladies match.
I hate international break this early
(that was supposed to be in capitals, damn bastard filters)
I usually go watch a Non League game when it's international week, sadly was too busy this weekend.
League 1/2 was still on though, not really an acknowledgment by TV channels though which is a shame.
Original post by abrack
League 1/2 was still on though, not really an acknowledgment by TV channels though which is a shame.

Other than the 3 League One games that were live on Sky?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No channel 5 show.
Darlington v Stockport in the Conference North, that used to be a decent League 1 or 2 game that.
Original post by Rock Fan
Darlington v Stockport in the Conference North, that used to be a decent League 1 or 2 game that.

Always remember one of the first away games I went to was at Stockport (or Sockopot as I called them then) when they were in the Championship (Then Div 1) - crazy to think how far they've had to fall for them to finally be ready to stabilise again!
Original post by hskjlclcn
Always remember one of the first away games I went to was at Stockport (or Sockopot as I called them then) when they were in the Championship (Then Div 1) - crazy to think how far they've had to fall for them to finally be ready to stabilise again!

What is more crazy they were once one division higher than Manchester City
Yup they got relegated from div 1 the same year Citeh got back in to the prem. Also happened to be the year we bottled it for the boggies to pass us by. Typical Wolves season that.
Yes Hudders! One up on dirty L**ds. 1-0 in your cup final. WATAW Marching off together
Original post by hskjlclcn
Yup they got relegated from div 1 the same year Citeh got back in to the prem. Also happened to be the year we bottled it for the boggies to pass us by. Typical Wolves season that.

Typical Wolves today as well. I guess football games are easier to get back into if you have 12 men...
Original post by jakesidhu
Typical Wolves today as well. I guess football games are easier to get back into if you have 12 men...

The ref definitely had Burton in his acca.
It's gone under the radar, but Northampton Town have gone 31 games unbeaten now.
The Alan Shearer statue- why?
Norwich two up at half-time, Jacob Murphy with both, as Newcastle take a 2-0 lead at QPR.

Quick Reply

Latest