The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by idkmedapplicant
hey, i got an offer about a week ago & im just wondering if there is a facebook group chat or anything like that so that i can get to know other new medical students going to Glasgow. thanks :smile:

Congratulations!

Here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1660098340879280/

Request to join and I'll add you in 👍
Hi,
I've just been given an unconditional in Clearing a day ago and I'm not sure about all these forms. Could someone help me please?
Original post by Vicstar65399
Hi,
I've just been given an unconditional in Clearing a day ago and I'm not sure about all these forms. Could someone help me please?

I also had that. Which ones are you unsure about?
I think all of them as I am not sure about what they mean by the certified copies of birth certificate, passport etc. does it need to be certified by someone or do you hand it in as it is? Also has anyone been given dates about health appointments?
I think all of them as I am not sure about what they mean by the certified copies of birth certificate, passport etc. does it need to be certified by someone or do you hand it in as it is? Also has anyone been given dates about health appointments?

They mean just photocopies of your documents, because they're official. No one needs to sign them off.
The health appointments have been given out, I'm not sure what they waited for, but email admissions about it if you haven't got yours.
OK thanks
I think I may need to wait as they said that I'll have to wait til Monday so that they'll open Clearing for me
OK thanks
I think I may need to wait as they said that I'll have to wait til Monday so that they'll open Clearing for me

When I did that, I didn't understand what I had to do - I needed to select 'other' from the drop down list and then type 'A100' in the box.

Honestly, I was panicking and phoning them about it all day because I didn't see it in the options

Posted from TSR Mobile
How does clearing for medicine work? I thought medicine wouldn't be in clearing - is it only available to those who applied for medicine and didn't get an offer?
Original post by Nuba123
How does clearing for medicine work? I thought medicine wouldn't be in clearing - is it only available to those who applied for medicine and didn't get an offer?

It depends. This year seemed like a bit of an exception because a few more medical schools (probably 3 or 4) had places through clearing (A-Level results were lower overall). Generally, universities have a waiting list of applicants they had already interviewed and they call them up.
But, the process for switching university course on UCAS goes through clearing, even if it is adjustment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending