The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

What a performance from Edmund!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watching the match Nadal vs Kuznetsov right now. The second set is finished at the moment, that was very balanced. Nadal is ahead with two sets. Looks like he comes into the next round.*
Original post by Gnatt27
How do you watch delpo match? *

Just to clear it for myself: 'Delpo' stands for Del Potro, the silver medal winner at the olympics 2016, is that right?*
Yeah
Original post by Gnatt27
What a performance from Edmund!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Djokovic looking beatable, Edmund can give him a run for his money.
I miss Federer, tennis isn't the same. );
Original post by Gnatt27
How is thiem overrated? He's brilliant to watch,hits the ball hard off both wings and his form this year has been incredible.

I will give you that: he is playing good and fast and powerful serve balls, combined with intelligent anticipation. That is really an eye catcher for spectaculars. But in the other hand he loses his nerves now and than and thus have problems to play constantly.

Original post by ovo_zverit
I miss Federer, tennis isn't the same. );

Agree with you. He is injured for a long time, a whole year if I am not mistaken?!*
Original post by Kallisto
I will give you that: he is playing good and fast and powerful serve balls, combined with intelligent anticipation. That is really an eye catcher for spectaculars. But in the other hand he loses his nerves now and than and thus have problems to play constantly.

Agree with you. He is injured for a long time, a whole year if I am not mistaken?!*

He's pulled out the rest of the season but i suspect it's more a case that his injury would have taken him past the US Open, beyond that he'd probably be out of a chance to go to London and Basel is the only other tournament that matters to him.
Del Potro a set up.
Delpo now two sets up, looking like a great victory against a top 20 player
Delpo, if the Olympics didn't prove it enough, is certainly back!
Original post by Rakas21
He's pulled out the rest of the season but i suspect it's more a case that his injury would have taken him past the US Open, beyond that he'd probably be out of a chance to go to London and Basel is the only other tournament that matters to him.

In other words it is also a precaution that Federer does not play at the US open just to have chances to be in London and Basel. Apart from the fact that is injury is too serious to participate in. **
In other words it is also a precaution that Federer does not play at the US open just to have chances to be in London and Basel. Apart from the fact that is injury is too serious to participate in. **

Yeah. If your injury is going to put you out of the grand slam and probably points for London, it's better for him to take a rest and come back strong for the new season in late December.

He was injured in January, he's just resting and in rehab right now. He'll be back for the Hopman Cup.
Murray is the second grestest player ever after Federer when you take into account Novak abuses steroids
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Murray is the second grestest player ever after Federer when you take into account Novak abuses steroids

1.) No proof for that
2.) Nadal, Sampras, Agassi, Laver, Mcenroe etc. are better than Murray all time
How do you know Novak's on steroids?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have my sources...

It will all come out in around 10 years time. You'll see.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
I have my sources...

It will all come out in around 10 years time. You'll see.

Tennis is one of the most highly tested sports out there these days. Sharopova got busted literally 3 weeks after the drug even got banned. Most think Djoko is clean. See this for proof of that (comments):
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/04/19/novak-djokovic-isnt-accused-of-doping-but-he-sounds-eerily-like-lance-armstrong/
Original post by LifeIsFine
Tennis is one of the most highly tested sports out there these days. Sharopova got busted literally 3 weeks after the drug even got banned. Most think Djoko is clean. See this for proof of that (comments):
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/04/19/novak-djokovic-isnt-accused-of-doping-but-he-sounds-eerily-like-lance-armstrong/

Clearly is.Exhibit A:

Look at the veins on his arms, a prominent characteristic of steroid abuse. Not to mention look at his anger. That comes from a behavioural side effect commonly known as "roid rage".

Quick Reply

Latest