The Student Room Group

Cyclists Society MK2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Anyone else watching the Vuelta Espãna? I'm actually finding it more interesting than the TdF now there's more summit finishes and Team Sky are not simply dominating
Reply 261
Original post by Convex
Nice day riding with the main man himself
https://www.strava.com/activities/695342645

Who is the main man?
Reply 262
Original post by BaronK
Who is the main man?

Erick Rowsell
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 263
Original post by Convex
Erick Rowsell

Interesting. Do you really weigh 90kg?
Reply 264
Original post by BaronK
Interesting. Do you really weigh 90kg?

I weigh 80kg, don't know why that's showing up.
Original post by Convex
I weigh 80kg, don't know why that's showing up.

And here I am at an amazing 60 kg and I'm not even short.
Reply 267
Original post by ColossalAtom

So how tall's not even short?
Original post by BaronK
So how tall's not even short?

5'10.
Original post by Convex
Nice day riding with the main man himself
https://www.strava.com/activities/695342645

How high is your Max HR?!?! Nice ride, bit flat though!

Anyways. Today has been a good day for me finishing off August on the bike. Getting on for 1000 miles on the Storck already and loving every minute of it. Also managed some new PB power outputs today for VO2 max stuff which was nice. Even nicer when I've also managed to drop some weight too and am down to 65kg this week. Shame I've not had the time to race this season but have put some solid work down for next year. Max power hasn't been compromised, FTP has risen, climbing so much better than I ever have and most importantly still having fun!! Just need to maintain this through the autumn and start building again in winter ready for spring.
Original post by ouchthathurts
How high is your Max HR?!?! Nice ride, bit flat though!

Anyways. Today has been a good day for me finishing off August on the bike. Getting on for 1000 miles on the Storck already and loving every minute of it. Also managed some new PB power outputs today for VO2 max stuff which was nice. Even nicer when I've also managed to drop some weight too and am down to 65kg this week. Shame I've not had the time to race this season but have put some solid work down for next year. Max power hasn't been compromised, FTP has risen, climbing so much better than I ever have and most importantly still having fun!! Just need to maintain this through the autumn and start building again in winter ready for spring.

Hi you alright mate. I was trying to train my FTP so avoided hills which consequently follows decents. Even on -0.9% roads, it's quite hard not to coast for couple seconds.

Don't know my true max but on climbs on hot days, it goes up to 210, so around 215-220. Would like it to go lower but many people say it's genetics.

Edit: resting is around 35.

65kg is great climbing weight, does it affect you though on the flats?

What kind of racing do you do btw?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ColossalAtom

I can take you to KFC if you want
Original post by Concav
I can take you to KFC if you want

Sounds good, because I found out I lost 3 kg at my last hospital appointment. I've been averaging 63 kg since I had a transplant. 65 was my peak.
Anyone do much TTing here? I'm a rower but do a fair amount of cycling (about 3 rides a week during the summer) and was wondering if anyone would be a source of expertise for some tips for 10 mile TTs, which have been suggested for cross training, and for the best way to get started with TTing kit-wise.

Thank you!
Original post by HMarles
Anyone do much TTing here? I'm a rower but do a fair amount of cycling (about 3 rides a week during the summer) and was wondering if anyone would be a source of expertise for some tips for 10 mile TTs, which have been suggested for cross training, and for the best way to get started with TTing kit-wise.

Thank you!

I'm not sure what you're asking - your question is vague. 10 miles TT is 20-30 minutes depending on how fit you are. I dont know how serious you are, but do you have a power meter? What's your 20 mins FTP? Do you have a TT bike? How confortable are you in a TT position ? Kit wise - again don't know how serious you are but most likely you wont need a skin suit. Anything tight will do.
Original post by Concav
Kit wise - again don't know how serious you are but most likely you wont need a skin suit. Anything tight will do.

A skin suit is arguably the most cost effective aero upgrade for time trialling so no matter how "serious" you are, a skin suit is a wise investment.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 276
Original post by Roobsa
A skin suit is arguably the most cost effective aero upgrade for time trialling so no matter how "serious" you are, a skin suit is a wise investment.

Well actually the most cost effective aero upgrade is buying a pair of tri bars.
Original post by BaronK
Well actually the most cost effective aero upgrade is buying a pair of tri bars.

If they don't already have a TT bike.
Original post by Concav
I'm not sure what you're asking - your question is vague. 10 miles TT is 20-30 minutes depending on how fit you are. I dont know how serious you are, but do you have a power meter? What's your 20 mins FTP? Do you have a TT bike? How confortable are you in a TT position ? Kit wise - again don't know how serious you are but most likely you wont need a skin suit. Anything tight will do.

Sorry about being vague. I wrote this in a hurry earlier. My 20 min FTP is 292W on a wattbike, I'm 6' 5" and 79kg. I'm currently using a road bike but have clip on TT bars, my core is fairly good so my TT position is OK. I was mainly asking the best way to get involved in TTs as I think it would be a good way to improve my rowing fitness, as I'm not really sure how to participate in local time trials and what the general etiquette is for them.
Thanks.
Original post by HMarles

https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/

All the information you need is there.

Quick Reply

Latest