The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't really watch that much anime but I can definitely see the appeal in it. Being weird is also not a bad thing at all imo.
Original post by I am Kira
I love watching anime, it adds alot of spice to the mainstream westernised TV shows that I'm usually watching. I like looking at the artistic designs and bright colour palettes that most anime are accoustomed to. I like seeing stories which would never be told in western media and I like how short and sweet episodes are rather than spending an hour of my time on TV.

So people who think that anime watchers are weird, what has formed that perception?:hmmm:

It might simply be internalised xenophobia; anime is rarely originally made in English, so some Western people see it as something that doesn't real 'belong' here.

There's also the general sense that some anime-watchers are giant weeaboos who throw random Japanese into their every day speech and copy their customs which are out of place here and can get annoying. Also the cosplay aspect can be weird to some people.
Reply 22
Original post by mediaya
I dont think so :mmm: i love anime :ahee:
Weird=special and unique :tongue:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why didn't you tell me you like anime:colondollar:.. babe:mmm:
The act if watching anime isn't weird or sad. But a lot of people who watch it just happen to be weird and sad.
Why didn't you tell me you like anime:colondollar:.. babe:mmm:

Coz u never asked :rofl:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LifeIsFine
Damn man I was going to mention Miyazaki. He said it's suffering because its full of(to use the correct term) 'otaku' which is exactly as you said. To be honest, I don't disagree with him too much as some people do take it too far.

Btw I think you should add hunter x hunter 2011 to that list :wink:

Haha, yeah I agree. Oh and I would definitely add HxH 2011 to the list. But for people that are just starting, I want to give them the very best (not saying that HxH2011 isn't part of the very best) but also something that isn't too long.
:angelwings:
Reply 26
Original post by mediaya
Coz u never asked :rofl:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol my username and avatar is dedicated to anime, you could've brought it up:slap:.. baby:teehee:
Quite a lot of Japanese animations provide content that socially awkward/ inept people can relate to. But I've also found a lot of people who watch anime are generally less judgemental and are more open to new cultures.
I love watching anime, it adds alot of spice to the mainstream westernised TV shows that I'm usually watching. I like looking at the artistic designs and bright colour palettes that most anime are accoustomed to. I like seeing stories which would never be told in western media and I like how short and sweet episodes are rather than spending an hour of my time on TV.

So people who think that anime watchers are weird, what has formed that perception?:hmmm:

Which anime do you watch ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Because of stereotypes.

I've met my share of extremely weird anime fans (such as hardcore yaoi fans), but it will never put me off from watching anime or reading manga :tongue:
Lol my username and avatar is dedicated to anime, you could've brought it up:slap:.. baby:teehee:

Yes true :mmm: sorrg :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by nerdling_CompSci
Which anime do you watch ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anime I love:
Death note - of course:mmm:
Parasyte
Kaiji 1 and 2
Tokyo ghoul season 1
One outs
Steins gate
Danganronpa
AoT
Another

Could be the hentai? Octopus tentacles penetrating vaginas isn't the most appealing topic😂
Because they are weird

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got death threats for saying anime and cartoons are the same.
Anime I love:
Death note - of course:mmm:
Parasyte
Kaiji 1 and 2
Tokyo ghoul season 1
One outs
Steins gate
Danganronpa
AoT
Another

Only Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 ?Safe:smile:.
Do you watch any shounen ?
Reply 36
Original post by mediaya
Yes true :mmm: sorrg :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still waiting on u to pm me:frown:
Reply 37
Original post by Kadak
Only Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 ?Safe:smile:.
Do you watch any shounen ?

I heard season 2 sucks:frown:
I've watched hunterxhunter haven't finished it
Watched naruto as a kid but too much filler and unending story:tongue:
Reply 38
Original post by Dom2375
I've got death threats for saying anime and cartoons are the same.

Tbh u should:mmm:
Kidding, anime are cartoons but they're nothing like western animation. Completely different art stlyes, production values, demographics, storylines etc
My post regarding Death Note has nothing to do with this I presume? :ahee:

Latest