The Student Room Group

Should I take a gap year after finishing my a levels?

Hi, i'm starting year 13 next week and our head of year will be getting us to apply for universities. However, up until not long ago I didn't know what I wanted to do so never really thought about university but now i've decided I would like to go.

There are some issues though like I haven't been to any open days yet and the ones available for the universities i'd like to look at are all on dates I can't make for various reasons and i've never had a job or done volunteering or anything like that. I know i'm boring but I never really do anything in my spare time so I have nothing to put on my personal statement. My predicted grades aren't very good either so I don't know if i'd even get an offer. I suffer from social anxiety and depression also which I am getting help with but I don't know how I would feel at university.

Sorry if this was long but I don't know what to do. I was thinking of waiting a year so I can try and get a job and do other things and then applying as long as I had good grades. Any other advice would be appreciated.
I'd say take a gap year :smile: you don't want to make any decisions you may regret
Reply 2
Original post by A-LJLB
I'd say take a gap year :smile: you don't want to make any decisions you may regret

Thanks for the reply, i'll probably take the gap year

Quick Reply

Latest