The Student Room Group

I have been ripped off!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
I got 4 full sized Double-deckers for a pound in one of those cheap stores. :cool: They also had full sized picnics and snickers bars.

Four standard sized bars for a pound is a common deal. Quite how the OP managed to get less than that takes a special talent.
Original post by !!mentor!!
#triggered
Do you now need a 'safe space'?

On the topic of safe space...[video="youtube;sXQkXXBqj_U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U[/video]

Spoiler

Original post by Pinkberry_y
I can hear the builder in the toilet inside my house making straining sounds as he's on the toilet. I think right now my problem is bigger than your mars bar (or lack off) issue

My problems are worse than both of yours. I am that plumber. :frown:
Original post by 0to100
My problems are worse than both of yours. I am that plumber. :frown:

Constipation is a hard life, what can I say
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Constipation is a hard life, what can I say

It's not constipation, this is just how I breathe.
Original post by Blue_Mason
So I made a purchase of buying four mars bars for one pound.
But I get four tiny mars bars and it is an utter shambles of a joke

Damn. So you decided to make a thread. :colone:
Original post by ODES_PDES
Damn. So you decided to make a thread. :colone:

Yes and I was hoping that tsr members would relate
Original post by 999tigger
Four standard sized bars for a pound is a common deal. Quite how the OP managed to get less than that takes a special talent.

Things tend to be more expensive in central london
Original post by Black Cat
Mate freddos are like 70p these days.

Argh the amount of inflation in the city is ridiculous
Things tend to be more expensive in central london

They are if you dont know how to shop.

If you purchased these in person rather than sending your butler, then how can you not have comprehended the size of the mars bars when you purchased them?
Are you registered blind?
Original post by Quantex
Look for the positives. You'll put on less weight with small ones than big mars bars.

I hardly ever put on weight
They are if you dont know how to shop.

If you purchased these in person rather than sending your butler, then how can you not have comprehended the size of the mars bars when you purchased them?

Are you registered blind?

Well I do not have the patience to study the different dimensions, between a standard mars bar and a multipack one, and I am not a fan of shopping

But I did notice the difference when unwrapping the said mars bar, and I felt robbed.
But the fact is, that you should be agreeing with me
(edited 7 years ago)
Well I do not have the patience to study the different dimensions, between a standard mars bar and a multipack one, and I am not a fan of shopping

But I did notice the difference when unwrapping the said mars bar, and I felt robbed.
But the fact is, that you should be agreeing with me

Why should I be agreeing with you?

If you had any experience of shopping then you would actually read and be familiar with what you buy, that includes looking at what the package contains.

The fact you know what a standard sized bar looks and weighs makes it even more shameful that holding a pack of four in your hand failed to alert your razir sharp mind to the fact they were a slighlt smaller size. Even the guide dog would have know the difference.

As you pointed out as London is a bit more expensive then you should have been aware hat it was either a bargain or they might have been a different size.

I wouldnt agree with someone who I think has been follish and complaining at being ripped off, for that you should be suing your parents or god for the amount of common sense you seemd to have missed out on.

You obviously wanted three of these

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
So I made a purchase of buying four mars bars for one pound.
But I get four tiny mars bars and it is an utter shambles of a joke

This is mainly because of corporate greed from evil men stealing away money and making millions out of the working classes. They're slowly making the packets smaller or re-branding them fun-size or diet friendly whilst charging the same amount. Such examples of evil figures include: George Osborne, David Cameron, almost every other politician and business owners.
Why should I be agreeing with you?

If you had any experience of shopping then you would actually read and be familiar with what you buy, that includes looking at what the package contains.

The fact you know what a standard sized bar looks and weighs makes it even more shameful that holding a pack of four in your hand failed to alert your razir sharp mind to the fact they were a slighlt smaller size. Even the guide dog would have know the difference.

As you pointed out as London is a bit more expensive then you should have been aware hat it was either a bargain or they might have been a different size.

I wouldnt agree with someone who I think has been follish and complaining at being ripped off, for that you should be suing your parents or god for the amount of common sense you seemd to have missed out on.

You should agree as you're a consumer, but for whatever reason you continue to mock me.
I think it is ridiculous that you're siding with mars,and my parents have invested in my education
Original post by BobSausage
This is mainly because of corporate greed from evil men stealing away money and making millions out of the working classes. They're slowly making the packets smaller or re-branding them fun-size or diet friendly whilst charging the same amount. Such examples of evil figures include: George Osborne, David Cameron, almost every other politician and business owners.

That is a good point, and they finally put the nail in, with the sugar tax.
You should agree as you're a consumer, but for whatever reason you continue to mock me.
I think it is ridiculous that you're siding with mars,and my parents have invested in my education

If you had any experience of doing you own shopping then you would realise that items have lables on which they state the weight of products. Multipack items are often a slightly different size, crisps, chocolate and numerous other products? How cna you not know this?

How would even a 5 year old fail to measure the size of a chocolate bar you are purchasing and holding in your hands? Its only in a cellophane wrapper.

You havent been ripped off, You are unable to read labels and you are an inexperienced shopper who is unable to read a label. Woeful.
If you had any experience of doing you own shopping then you would realise that items have lables on which they state the weight of products. Multipack items are often a slightly different size, crisps, chocolate and numerous other products? How cna you not know this?

How would even a 5 year old fail to measure the size of a chocolate bar you are purchasing and holding in your hands? Its only in a cellophane wrapper.

You havent been ripped off, You are unable to read labels and you are an inexperienced shopper who is unable to read a label. Woeful.

But I rarely ever do any type of shopping, and I mostly instruct my mother to sort out my shopping.
You're missing out the main point......
Most shoppers do not read labels, unless the sale by date is present.
But I rarely ever do any type of shopping, and I mostly instruct my mother to sort out my shopping.
You're missing out the main point......
Most shoppers do not read labels, unless the sale by date is present.

If you are incapable of doing your own shopping, then how do you know what most shoppers do? Mars bars have sell by dates on them.

Its just funny you are looking to blame others for you own failings.

Why dont you take them back and get a refund?
(edited 7 years ago)
If you are incapable of doing your own shopping, then how do you know what most shoppers do? Mars bars have sell by dates on them.

Its just funny you are looking to blame others for you own failings.

Why dont you take them back and get a refund?

Because I am a Londoner and most Londoners are in a hurry.
Because I have unwrapped a mars bar, so I could not refund them

Quick Reply

Latest