The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Any LSE Love?

Yo TSR,

I am a big fan of stalking these LSE threads but recently the pretty negative posts (that have ofc been taken with a pinch of salt) have forced me to post.

Am I making a big mistake attending and more pressingly, will my soul be drained from my body??
I am not so naive to think LSE is party central but surely it has a bit of life to it?

Will someone with experience of the place (been/are there or knows someone there) hit a worried fresher up with some positive info about life at 'the world's second best social science institution'

Peace

ps I will be studying Geo & @ carr saunders
pps I will NOT be pursuing a career in IB
Reply 1
omg I'm the exact same, about to study geography at lse and petrified I'll have the worst three years of my life there - hopefully we can make it fun
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by sirGyo
Yo TSR,

I am a big fan of stalking these LSE threads but recently the pretty negative posts (that have ofc been taken with a pinch of salt) have forced me to post.

Am I making a big mistake attending and more pressingly, will my soul be drained from my body??
I am not so naive to think LSE is party central but surely it has a bit of life to it?

Will someone with experience of the place (been/are there or knows someone there) hit a worried fresher up with some positive info about life at 'the world's second best social science institution'

Peace

ps I will be studying Geo & @ carr saunders
pps I will NOT be pursuing a career in IB

Original post by Geograph
omg I'm the exact same, about to study geography at lse and petrified I'll have the worst three years of my life there - hopefully we can make it fun

Join the rugby team (or any of the AU teams) - either as a player or just as a social member and you will have plenty of fun. It will be up to you to make the most of your time at LSE.
Reply 3
Original post by Geograph

Yes mate!

Glad to see some like-minded individualssss
Reply 4
Original post by JamjamjamT
Join the rugby team (or any of the AU teams) - either as a player or just as a social member and you will have plenty of fun. It will be up to you to make the most of your time at LSE.

Will be taking this advice, muchas gracias sir
Original post by sirGyo
Will be taking this advice, muchas gracias sir

Do you play rugby?
Reply 6
Original post by JamjamjamT
Do you play rugby?

I do but am pretty average.
Better footballer - LSE has a load of teams right? What do these lot seem like?
Reply 7
I'm a 2016 fresher and the posts don't phase me.
Original post by sirGyo
I do but am pretty average.
Better footballer - LSE has a load of teams right? What do these lot seem like?

Yes there are plenty of teams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending