The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

What's going on with paying fees?

I'm trying to pay my accommodation fees (that apparently I can do from 1st September onwards) but it's not showing up on the finance section of the portal. All that is showing up is an option to pay my tuition fees, which is also confusing since SFE should be paying the money straight to the university. Like, what's going on? I don't get it?

Scroll to see replies

have you figured out how to pay the accommodation fees ?!?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by fei345
have you figured out how to pay the accommodation fees ?!?

Nope :s-smilie: I'm going to ring the number they've provided for finance stuff I think and tell them that I can't pay for accommodation and that I'm confused about what to do for the tuition fees thing. It's especially bad because I'm going on holiday tomorrow night for a week and I really want to get it sorted in case the "get it done by September 5th" thing is still happening.
ahhh, good luck sorting it out!
Reply 4
Original post by fei345
ahhh, good luck sorting it out!

I rang and all they said was "If you can't pay via the portal you can pay by bank transfer, the details are at nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation" and then said "Is that all?"

And because I'm **** at talking on the phone I just said "Uh yeah?" and that was the end of it.

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/fabs/finance/services/payingtheuniversity/bankaccountaccommodation.aspx is where you get the information about the bank transfer, my mum's gone to try and pay now (parents are paying then I'm paying them back when my loan comes in) so we'll see if it bounces.
Original post by ElspethC
I rang and all they said was "If you can't pay via the portal you can pay by bank transfer, the details are at nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation" and then said "Is that all?"

And because I'm **** at talking on the phone I just said "Uh yeah?" and that was the end of it.

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/fabs/finance/services/payingtheuniversity/bankaccountaccommodation.aspx is where you get the information about the bank transfer, my mum's gone to try and pay now (parents are paying then I'm paying them back when my loan comes in) so we'll see if it bounces.

but sorta dont trust myself to send all the cash through a transfer. just a bit worried that my money wont be recieved or it will get lost.
alright, i think i am going to send it in a bit. thanks
Reply 6
Hey, I was stuck trying to access the MyFinance portal (I think it has to do with online registration because I'm a visiting student) and have emailed them. I think this page's been updated though:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/beforeyouarrive/payments.aspx

For payments for Broadgate Park (including Albion House and Cloister House), University Park, and Jubilee Campus:
Payment is due from 5 September onwards and should be with us no later than 21 September.

"From 5 September onwards" but according to my accommodation offer Term 1 is payable "no later than 5 September". Hope they reply me soon :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
I phoned, then subsequently emailed the finance and accommodation people and got this response:

"***Please note that you will not be able to pay through portal until the 5th September 2016 due to problems with the system. As such, the deadline for payments via portal has been extended to the 21st September. Alternatively you can still pay now via bank transfer, please see alternative payment methods listed below*** "

So it sounds like it is fine to wait until the 5th if you're paying online but if you want to get it out of the way now bank transfer will work.
Payment is due from 5 September onwards and should be with us no later than 21 September so make sure you read the following instructions carefully:

yeah the payment page has also been updated!

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/beforeyouarrive/payments.aspx
Reply 9
Guys I'm really confused, I have a room at Cripps hall. When do we have to pay term 1 accommodation fees? According to the accommodation portal it's no later than the 5th of September and according to the website it's from the 5th to the 21st. Which one is true? Has anyone managed to pay yet through the my finances website. Thank you.
Reply 10
I got into Nottingham (Willoughby hall) via clearing - what should I do about student finance since it'd be better if I could pay for accomodation once my maintenance loan arrives? AFAIK my student finance is still set as Durham university (my first choice but didn't meet the grades) - will they/UCAS let them know that I'm not going there/I'm going to Nottingham or do I need to apply to student finance all over again?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ameep22
Guys I'm really confused, I have a room at Cripps hall. When do we have to pay term 1 accommodation fees? According to the accommodation portal it's no later than the 5th of September and according to the website it's from the 5th to the 21st. Which one is true? Has anyone managed to pay yet through the my finances website. Thank you.

You have until the 21st to pay the first rent installment, though you have to pay the deposit by Monday 5th. The uni recommends paying through the Portal, though they don't seem to have planned that very well because you can only register for it three weeks before your course starts (which would imply the 5th onwards). They outline alternative methods of paying here.
Reply 12
Original post by Christop
You have until the 21st to pay the first rent installment, though you have to pay the deposit by Monday 5th. The uni recommends paying through the Portal, though they don't seem to have planned that very well because you can only register for it three weeks before your course starts (which would imply the 5th onwards). They outline alternative methods of paying here.

Thank you. Where does it say you have to pay the deposit by the 5th? As I haven't payed it yet so I'm worrying now
Original post by ameep22
Thank you. Where does it say you have to pay the deposit by the 5th? As I haven't payed it yet so I'm worrying now

It was either on the website for my accommodation (Broadgate Park) or on the Portal which I accessed as an applicant. You should probably fish around your emails and check the websites they sent you, because maybe it's different for Cripps Hall.
Reply 14
Original post by Christop
It was either on the website for my accommodation (Broadgate Park) or on the Portal which I accessed as an applicant. You should probably fish around your emails and check the websites they sent you, because maybe it's different for Cripps Hall.
ahh okay thank you for all the help
Original post by ElspethC
I'm trying to pay my accommodation fees (that apparently I can do from 1st September onwards) but it's not showing up on the finance section of the portal. All that is showing up is an option to pay my tuition fees, which is also confusing since SFE should be paying the money straight to the university. Like, what's going on? I don't get it?

You have to register for the university at portal.nottingham.ac.uk, then once you've registered you can sign up for a university username. You then use that username to log in to myfinances.nottingham.ac.uk, and your accommodation fees will appear.
Reply 16
Original post by ameep22

Hi! All of the information I personally found said that you could pay from 5 Sep onwards until 21st, I paid on the 5th, after registering online, and was able to quickly pay the money. Maybe try again?
Original post by britmj
Hi! All of the information I personally found said that you could pay from 5 Sep onwards until 21st, I paid on the 5th, after registering online, and was able to quickly pay the money. Maybe try again?

How did you pay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by blackdiamond97
How did you pay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use this website: https://myfinances.nottingham.ac.uk. and then log in and you'll be able to pay.
Note that you'll have to do the online registration first, as that will give you your username and let you set your password.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending