The Student Room Group

Girl takes ages to answer me

Hi

I met this girl about 3 months ago but I only really started to talk to her and see her recently (1 month or so).

Anymore, this girl literally takes ages to answer my messages. Once she took 9 days. 9 freaking days. Usually I would just walk away or lose interest but... when we see each other it's great and when she decides to answer, the conversation is interesting. She keeps asking questions and gives detailed replies so the conversation never dies. And when it does, she'll start another one a few days later.

If you take days to answer it's that you're not so keen on talking to the other person right? So why would she keep the conversation going then?
Reply 1
She could be busy... She might be playing games... Who knows.

it sounds like she doesn't really like texting, why don't you ask her out and meet her in person to talk?
Reply 2
At least you have the courage to talk to girls haha! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
She could be busy... She might be playing games... Who knows.it sounds like she doesn't really like texting, why don't you ask her out and meet her in person to talk?
Thanks for the answer :smile:She is one of my best friend's twin sister! It could be embarrassing. And it's too early too, I don't ask girls out until I think there's a decent chance they'll say yes!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

I met this girl about 3 months ago but I only really started to talk to her and see her recently (1 month or so).

Anymore, this girl literally takes ages to answer my messages. Once she took 9 days. 9 freaking days. Usually I would just walk away or lose interest but... when we see each other it's great and when she decides to answer, the conversation is interesting. She keeps asking questions and gives detailed replies so the conversation never dies. And when it does, she'll start another one a few days later.

If you take days to answer it's that you're not so keen on talking to the other person right? So why would she keep the conversation going then?

Tbh I'm the kind of person who takes a long time to reply to messages sometimes (and I do mean days). Not because I'm not keen on the person, but simply because I'm not keen on texting in general. If I have my phone in my hand I'll likely reply, but if I don't have it near me and I'm not 100% invested it can take ages for me to bother with it because I would much rather save the conversation to have in person instead. She could be similar, so if you're up to it you could simply ask her why it's so long, because she might just not be a fan of texting.
Reply 5
Original post by wickedisgood
Tbh I'm the kind of person who takes a long time to reply to messages sometimes (and I do mean days). Not because I'm not keen on the person, but simply because I'm not keen on texting in general. If I have my phone in my hand I'll likely reply, but if I don't have it near me and I'm not 100% invested it can take ages for me to bother with it because I would much rather save the conversation to have in person instead. She could be similar, so if you're up to it you could simply ask her why it's so long, because she might just not be a fan of texting.

Thank you :smile:
I hadn't really considered that possibility. I wanted to ask her that but I thought it would be a bit disrespectful and could be kind of awkward. I'll try to see her more rather than text and I'll invite her to my place soon :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you :smile:
I hadn't really considered that possibility. I wanted to ask her that but I thought it would be a bit disrespectful and could be kind of awkward. I'll try to see her more rather than text and I'll invite her to my place soon :smile:

To make it less awkward you could try asking in a jokey way, or putting some kind of laughing emoji at the end so she doesn't take it too seriously? But I'd say seeing her in person would definitely be a good idea, and it'll probably be easier to work out how she's feeling and stuff that way too. Good luck! :h:
Reply 7
Original post by wickedisgood
To make it less awkward you could try asking in a jokey way, or putting some kind of laughing emoji at the end so she doesn't take it too seriously? But I'd say seeing her in person would definitely be a good idea, and it'll probably be easier to work out how she's feeling and stuff that way too. Good luck! :h:

You're right! Thank you :smile: Yes, and she already said she would like us to see again soon, it's just too bad we live pretty far away from each other :frown:
Reply 8
shes keeping you as a backup in case the other guys she is more keen in lose interest in her

everyone ****ing does it to be fair

you should just have the sense to forget about her
she might be like me, ill read a message, mentally answer it in my head then forget about it. I'll look through my inbox like a week later and realise I still haven't actually replied
I always say pick up the phone and call!

Some do take a long time to reply but usually...with girls, if they are really interested, they would look forward to the text , probably even be double texting you.

Maybe she is unsure of her feelings at this point. I'd suggest to call her and keep the momentum you have for when you meet.
Reply 11
Original post by ELVsLP
shes keeping you as a backup in case the other guys she is more keen in lose interest in her

everyone ****ing does it to be fair

you should just have the sense to forget about her

This.

you are nothing more than a backup guy to her. If girl was actually into you she'd be answering a lot quicker than 9 days.

learn to spot the signs so you don't waste time and energy on such girls.
Reply 12
Friends only I'm afraid
Honestly, I can be like that. There's not many people I immediately reply to, and even then I'll still end up leaving it a lot of the time. My situation isn't exactly common, but I'm just so ill and tired all the time that I'm not always up for a conversation. It's easy enough to just say 'sorry, I'm not feeling great I'll talk to you later' but people usually then still try and converse about that and I just can't. After that, I forget and just reply a few days later. It's unlikely, but it could be something along the lines of that. Either that, or you tend to message at an inconvenient time for her so she just replies when she knows she has the time to really enjoy a conversation with you. I'd say it's worth bringing up sometime when she's replying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending