The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Are Citi numerical tests sent immediately? Would be very grateful if someone lets me know asap!
Original post by torres657
is industrial placement same as off-cycle internship?

No. Industrial placement is for those who have a sandwich course. Ie do 2/3 years then one year in industry then come back for final year. Typically 12 months.

Off-cycle is typically 3-6 months and are aimed at either those with year placements or graduates.
Original post by alexjones1994
No. Industrial placement is for those who have a sandwich course. Ie do 2/3 years then one year in industry then come back for final year. Typically 12 months.

Off-cycle is typically 3-6 months and are aimed at either those with year placements or graduates.

Or European students with their weird compulsory work experience requirements in their masters degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Or European students with their weird compulsory work experience requirements in their masters degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imagine if it was compulsory here... Half the people wouldn't graduate xD.
Original post by econibpe
Are Citi numerical tests sent immediately? Would be very grateful if someone lets me know asap!

they were not last year
Gents, i'd appreciate it if a strong native speaker could take a look at my CL.
I can answer all your technical questions if u need to know anything :biggrin: pm me.
what do nomura want with their 'Please share something about yourself that we cannot see from your CV' question?

Genuinely stumped :/
Original post by bored565
what do nomura want with their 'Please share something about yourself that we cannot see from your CV' question?

looks as though they wnt you to share something about yourself that's not on your cv
Morgan Stanley: Can you apply to 3 different summer internships in London? For example, IBD, Sales and Ops?

There must be hobbies or life experiences not on your CV? Maybe you travelled round Europe alone, lived in France when you were younger, have nine cats, trained for a marathon, starred in an advert, collect stamps, make music videos, got a poem published.... Think what you've done mate. *
Original post by alexjones1994
You will need probably 13/18 to pass. But if you want to stand out you need to get 17 at the very minimum :/. Even i messed up with the MS one. I reckon I got 14-16.

No-one stands out because of a numerical test, they are just used to cull applicants.

tell them about your godly physique, that's what's not shown on ur cv after all.
Took the RBC verbal test this morning and 5 minutes later received an email to take the numerical test, does this mean that I passed the verbal?
Original post by Oschene23
No-one stands out because of a numerical test, they are just used to cull applicants.

erm. Yes they do. We had a representative from the Deutsche HR team come to our university and tell us that its just as important as everything else. If you get 18/18 whilst another guy scrapes it and gets 13/18, everything else being equal they obviously going to pick the guy who gets 18/18.
Quite confused - are we supposed to apply for the summer ones now or apply after we get some experience with spring weeks etc? Are the summer ones on a rolling basis too (I've heard GS is not)? And lastly, I thought the summer ones are for 2nd years not 1st years?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by polecon
Took the RBC verbal test this morning and 5 minutes later received an email to take the numerical test, does this mean that I passed the verbal?

Maybe. However a few banks just set it up so that you do test then the next one gets sent after that e.g. UBS last year. You will definitely know after the next one. How did you feel it went though?
Original post by icecreamcake
Quite confused - are we supposed to apply for the summer ones now or apply after we get some experience with spring weeks etc? Are the summer ones on a rolling basis too (I've heard GS is not)? And lastly, I thought the summer ones are for 2nd years not 1st years?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. No, but there are 2 such summer programmes available for first years, which I listed out in the SW thread. And if you do well on the SW (as well as conversion interviews/exercises) you don't need to reapply anywhere as you'll get an offer right after.
2. Yes, even for GS
3. That is the case. Everyone applying in this thread is either a penultimate year student, a final year student or doing a masters programme

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
1. No, but there are 2 such summer programmes available for first years, which I listed out in the SW thread. And if you do well on the SW (as well as conversion interviews/exercises) you don't need to reapply anywhere as you'll get an offer right after.
2. Yes, even for GS
3. That is the case. Everyone applying in this thread is either a penultimate year student, a final year student or doing a masters programme

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Do you recommend I apply now for the summer ones that are open or wait until I've got some more experience (ie after spring weeks)? I know GS has something in the summer for 1st years (correct me if I'm wrong), but which one is the other bank? (There are so many pages and posts in the SW thread that it will take ages for me to try and find that exact post :frown: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by icecreamcake
Thank you! Do you recommend I apply now for the summer ones that are open or wait until I've got some more experience (ie after spring weeks)? I know GS has something in the summer for 1st years (correct me if I'm wrong), but which one is the other bank? (There are so many pages and posts in the SW thread that it will take ages for me to try and find that exact post :frown: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't apply to any traditional summer internships until it's the right time, only HSBC and BNY Mellon have formal programmes for first years.

GS doesn't have anything in the summer for first years

As I said, an SW's prime purpose is to fast track you to a penultimate year summer internship offer directly afterwards.

It's quite literally, the first couple of pages.. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can't apply to any traditional summer internships until it's the right time, only HSBC and BNY Mellon have formal programmes for first years.

GS doesn't have anything in the summer for first years

As I said, an SW's prime purpose is to fast track you to a penultimate year summer internship offer directly afterwards.

It's quite literally, the first couple of pages.. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaah right thank you!

Oops I must have read something wrong about GS then... ><

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending