The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Anyone from Liverpool/Merseyside are-?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey, Im from Walton, in my second year of a Health Science degree.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Paul_gr
Hey, Im from Walton, in my second year of a Health Science degree.

How many hours on average would you say you studied a week in your first year?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by mattk1
Hi Stinktank,

Yeah pretty good so far to be honest, I've really enjoyed all the modules I've completed despite it being stressful at times when deadlines get closer and I have other commitments (i.e. work, kids etc).

I did two 30 credit level 1 modules at the same time, MU123 Discovering Mathematics and TM129 Technologies in Practice and afterwards I said to myself never to do two modules at the same time - it was very stressful!

I completed T215 in May of this year and that was a heavy-going 60 credit L2 module so I've decided to reduce my study intensity to just 30 credits per year for the next six years (yikes!). I am keen to get good marks and for me trying two study two modules at once I found hard, and they were only level 1 modules.

Thing for me was before I started studying I would waste hours just watching crap on YouTube but now my time on my laptop is actually spent doing something productive. Yes six years is a long time but I think slow and steady is the way to go, rather than try to take on too much and not do as well, or not take in all the information.

By the way there is an OU app you can download onto your phone which allows you to access lots of your study material. I found this really useful when I had some idle time to just be able to read through material on my phone i.e. when waiting at the dentist, or waiting for the bus, anywhere :-)

Anyway good luck with your studies.

Argh, I've just signed up to do 60 credits and I'm wondering if it'll be too much! Don't know where I'm going to find 20 hours a week from!
Do you work full time? I only work part time, and usually wake up around 6 anyway, so I'm going to try and study for 2.5 - 3 hours each morning and still have the day to myself.
Original post by Scott2016
I'm from Anfield starting Physics/ Astronomy in October. .

Sick man you la, coming from somewhere as working class as Anfield and sweating the physcial sciences
Reply 25
Original post by Stinktank
Do you work full time? I only work part time, and usually wake up around 6 anyway, so I'm going to try and study for 2.5 - 3 hours each morning and still have the day to myself.

Yes, work full time. Leave the house at 7.30am as it is and spend an hour commuting in the morning and 90 mins in the evening so don't have much time in the evenings either, plus I'm a single parent. Probably bitten off more than I can chew realistically!
Original post by Kieranisda1
Sick man you la, coming from somewhere as working class as Anfield and sweating the physcial sciences

I'm hoping a decent degree with get me straight outta da hood

(I'm bang into maths and science anyway)
Hey,

Glad to of found this forum ! I'm from Bootle so not far from some of you guys (just by the mons) studying Business Management with the OU this Oct starting with B100 so 60 credits. Decided to study OU because of current mental health just means its easy for me to access uni. Hopefully get to know you all soon !!
Original post by dylanb97
Hey,

Glad to of found this forum ! I'm from Bootle so not far from some of you guys (just by the mons) studying Business Management with the OU this Oct starting with B100 so 60 credits. Decided to study OU because of current mental health just means its easy for me to access uni. Hopefully get to know you all soon !!

We all meeting in Bootle Yates on Christmas Eve then brah:bumps:

But not really :yeah:
Of course even the local smack heads can join us if they want 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending