The Student Room Group

Ressiting 2 AQA A Level Chemistry Exam Units While at University?

Hi there,

I was just wondering, is there any way for me to resit 2 of my A2 Chemistry exams while I'm studying at University?

My A Level Results were (June 2016):

A2 Biology: A
A2 Chemistry: E
A2 Geography: B

AS Biology: A
AS Chemistry: C
AS Geography: A
AS History: B

As you can see, Chemistry didn't go all as planned.. I have been accepted onto BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science at
The University of Bradford starting Sep 2017 - is there any way for me to resit 2 of my AQA A Level Chemistry exams? If so, who do I contact?

My Chemistry A Level Breaks Down As:

Unit 1: D (56ums)
Unit 2: C (95ums)
Unit 3x: B (47ums)
Unit 4: U (34ums)
Unit 5: U (33ums)
Unit 6x D (30ums)

Total UMS: (295ums) = E

I would like to resit Unit 4 and Unit 5 Chemistry because I was having a particularly bad time during those exams. I feel as though I could have done much better and I ran out of time before I could finish (hence the U).

Many thanks,
Ash
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AshEntropy
Hi there,

I was just wondering, is there any way for me to resit 2 of my A2 Chemistry exams while I'm studying at University?

As you can see, Chemistry didn't go all as planned.. I have been accepted onto BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science at
The University of Bradford starting Sep 2017 - is there any way for me to resit 2 of my AQA A Level Chemistry exams? If so, who do I contact?

Unit 6x D (30ums)

I would like to resit Unit 4 and Unit 5 Chemistry because I was having a particularly bad time during those exams. I feel as though I could have done much better and I ran out of time before I could finish (hence the U).

Many thanks,
Ash

Contact your school that you sat your exams with. There's the danger of not having much time (or exams at uni clashing with your A-levels - see term dates for uni as well as provisional or final (whichever is out) timetables for 2017.
Original post by AshEntropy
Hi there,

Unit 6x D (30ums)

Many thanks,
Ash

Hi Ash,

I am a graduate and I studied AS Chemistry this year at a local college. One of my classmates was in year 2 of biomed while sitting AS chemistry as night classes. It is doable and he did manage to sit the exams but did not get great results (i didn't pry and ask the grade achieved). This was, however, the first time he had taken the AS Chemistry course.

With night classes you get one class a week and need to commit to a lot of personal study to stay on top of things. If you manage to do so, your uni exams will end before the A level exams start, giving you time to cram! Bear in mind, also, that you have taken the course before which puts you at a distinct advantage!

I would definitely recommend taking AS and A2 over the course of two years.

If you want to enroll in a local college, do it soon! I think you should give it a try!!

Good Luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest