The Student Room Group

I told my sister in front of my parents

So my sister just generally annoys me. She acts like shes boss around me and thought it was ok to go on my computer when i wasn't home and go through all m personal stuff. Anyway last night her and her bf were having sex at 2am in the room above mine and the bed was creaking really loud. This morning before she stepped out the house i shouted down the stairs to her that its really loud when she does that at 2am with my parents there so it was obviously awkward. Shes 20 and I'm 18. Was I a douche to do this or is this totally cool?
You were definitely french for shower for doing that
tut tut
apology required
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
You were definitely french for shower for doing that
tut tut
apology required

never heard that expression. I think she'll start talking to me with more respect now and stop being so arrogant.
Original post by Anonymous
never heard that expression. I think she'll start talking to me with more respect now and stop being so arrogant.

I think you are right.
But consider an apology if she doesn't take it quite that well? :smile:

Spoiler

Disagree.

If you have a problem with something someone is doing then you should talk to them about it. Don't resort to humiliating her over something she's allowed to be doing in private.

Apologise to your sister and explain why you did it and how it makes you feel.
Reply 5
Original post by PandaCalavera
Disagree.

If you have a problem with something someone is doing then you should talk to them about it. Don't resort to humiliating her over something she's allowed to be doing in private.

Apologise to your sister and explain why you did it and how it makes you feel.

I feel like I made her stop being a crap person around me in the best and most sure way possible. Hopefully I won't have to hear that racket at 2am again.
How will she know that you did that to stop her from being a certain way with you? She's not a mind reader. You have to talk about things to resolve them, not do tit for tat.
Reply 7
How will she know that you did that to stop her from being a certain way with you? She's not a mind reader. You have to talk about things to resolve them, not do tit for tat.

because I made it awkward af hopefully she doesn't want to come near me again
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like I made her stop being a crap person around me in the best and most sure way possible. Hopefully I won't have to hear that racket at 2am again.

You have an elite mentality
Reply 9

perhaps you're right. but either way it feels pretty good because my family doesn't talk about intimate things like that and i feel like I just broke the ice
If I was your sister I would no way in hell treat you with more respect after that.

In fact I'd probably prepare for WW3 to start if I were you. Enjoy!
Original post by Twinpeaks
If I was your sister I would no way in hell treat you with more respect after that.

In fact I'd probably prepare for WW3 to start if I were you. Enjoy!

luckily we'll both be living at uni in a few weeks so we won't be seeing each other
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I think you are right.
But consider an apology if she doesn't take it quite that well? :smile:

Spoiler

I think that the OP should let her sister french for seal whenever she wants.
cheap shot but worth it
Good one :smile:
Her boyfriend will hate me now
Original post by Charles Dupiau
I think that the OP should let her sister french for seal whenever she wants.

:mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending