The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by defenestrated
I joined tsr exactly a year ago today, time goes so fast :afraid:

:afraid:
Can't decide whether to buy this bag or not, and what colour to get it in - black, brown, navy or red. I specifically wanted a red one but th navy is really nice and the other colours are nice too.:dontknow:
We are happy ^_^ I just ate a brownie and he's eating a flapjack :biggrin:
Original post by ForestShadow
Ok, the following may sounds blunt and non sympathetic but I think being a realist is best here

2 situations

1) those people aren't rly deserving of you in the first place. This gets hard when you're constantly around them, famil, co workers or classmates, but if they dont treat you well, why try to be good to them? sounds harsh but its true.

2) we accept the love we think we deserve

its a self fulfilling prophecy, you think you're not good enough, perhaps causing you to try less and interact less so you aren't as 'good' in your eyes. Being 'good' morally 100% is impossible, the world isnt black and white, theres grey too (50 shades of em). Im sure youre wonderful enough as you are, but its no use me telling you that, you have to tell yourself

What Im basically saying is, its either youre with the wrong ppl or you need to believe more in yourself! :hugs: :h:

Thank you for that response :cube:
the problem is that the people themselves are amazing and that im never good enough because they are so much better than i could ever dream to be and i look up to them a lot. When they arent great i just go along with it bc they are all better and i dont want to lose even more people because i havent got enough people as it is to be able to afford losing some.
i try too hard i suppose because i just want people to like me back as much as i like them which hardly ever happens but there u go.
I have no end goal. There is nothing one, or, more specifically, I, could do for a living that I would enjoy. I don't care about money, beyond having enough for survival and common basic luxuries. I care less and less about romantic endeavours as the days go by. I am too old to develop any skill or talent. There's just no point.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I have no end goal. There is nothing one, or, more specifically, I, could do for a living that I would enjoy. I don't care about money, beyond having enough for survival and common basic luxuries. I care less and less about romantic endeavours as the days go by. I am too old to develop any skill or talent. There's just no point.

That is no way to talk Monsieur :slap:
There is always something!
It is never to old to develop one's skill.
The romantic thing suggests maybe you need to look elsewhere for a partner (but then again I no nothing of this so maybe ignore that lol)But I can honestly say, having spoken to an individual such as yourself before, there is most definitely point and you should not give up.

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
That is no way to talk Monsieur :slap:
There is always something!
It is never to old to develop one's skill.
The romantic thing suggests maybe you need to look elsewhere for a partner (but then again I no nothing of this so maybe ignore that lol)But I can honestly say, having spoken to an individual such as yourself before, there is most definitely point and you should not give up.

Spoiler

Yes, it is. I love music, chess and writing. But I could do neither of the former two professionally because I started too late in life, and certainly now it is way too late to develop talent; as for the final prospect, I have spent too long not properly practising.
I have a girlfriend. I just don't find the relationship to inject life with much meaning any more. Maybe that will be different when it ceases to be long distance in a month. I don't know. At that point I will have more responsibilities and probably despise life more.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

I leave you with a link that you may treasure for the rest of your days
http://www.pinturillo2.com/ :mmm:

:rofl:
Original post by Salamandastron
Thank you for that response :cube:
the problem is that the people themselves are amazing and that im never good enough because they are so much better than i could ever dream to be and i look up to them a lot. When they arent great i just go along with it bc they are all better and i dont want to lose even more people because i havent got enough people as it is to be able to afford losing some.
i try too hard i suppose because i just want people to like me back as much as i like them which hardly ever happens but there u go.

No problem, thats what friends are for

Ok, I think theres a good name for you're goin through.

'Putting ppl on a pedestal'

I have no doubt that the ppl are amazing but they must be flawed and theres nothing wrong with us, our flaws make us who we are. Regardless they will have flaws, even if they dont show.

Trying too hard isn't a bad thing but as you said it should be roughly mutual. If you're giving 110% and theyre only giving like 60% of their time/emotions, its not healthy. Would you like it the other way, if someone seemed to almost 'depend' (thats probs the wrong word sry) on someone.

I think you need to grow stronger by yourself too, that would help. Its cliche but just work on yourself. Find your passions and make more connections.

You also just have a big heart which is great, very selfless and kind, just dont let it control you

:hugs:
Hi everyone, never posted in here before but I feel like venting lol.

Feeling pretty *****y and underappreciated at work at the moment. I'm not going to say why as I work within an educational establishment and someone who I work with and/or student is probably reading this right now haha. Anyway, I'm looking for new jobs and I'm applying for PGCE for next year. The holidays are great though, so perhaps I just have post-summer blues haha. Home life isn't great either but I'm lucky enough to be surrounded by a great group of mates. Just feel a bit down and want the next year to go quickly! (not wishing my life away ha)

Anyway, I don't want to sound negative as I'm not a negative person, so onwards and upwards, fingers crossed things will get better, or I can change jobs throughout the year!

Hope everyone else is okay, thank you for taking the time to read haha.
I feel drained out. So much stressed. :frown:
Whats on your mind? let it all out :smile:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Yes, it is. I love music, chess and writing. But I could do neither of the former two professionally because I started too late in life, and certainly now it is way too late to develop talent; as for the final prospect, I have spent too long not properly practising.
I have a girlfriend. I just don't find the relationship to inject life with much meaning any more. Maybe that will be different when it ceases to be long distance in a month. I don't know. At that point I will have more responsibilities and probably despise life more.

Nah it isn't :colonhash:
It's still not too late. Not the chess thing again uuuuuurghh - you are still good and should be proud of your achievements - honestly I reckon your attitude would be more relevant to another person (lol guess who)Hmmm. I reckon it will change. I hope it will change and she'll hopefully help u feel a bit better than u are rn :wink:Yeah, well, you have to learn to find the stuff u enjoy in life *cough* (http://www.pinturillo2.com/) *cough* (:lol:) and learn to spice it up a lil bit hehe
Maybe stop fretting over chess as well :I and start improving those drawing skills :rofl:

Original post by ForestShadow
:rofl:

hehehehehe :mmm:
feel disgusting.
why am i such a horrible person.
why do i hate ppl just for being nice
maybe cos i was nice once
who knows.
Feeling confused about what to do with my future. I'm off uni for the next year or two because of my health and as much as I love biology, I don't really know if I want to go back to uni. With the amount of animal pics I take, I'm considering doing animal photography in the future. Get paid to take pics of cats?! Hell yeah! :laugh:
Original post by Salamandastron
feel disgusting.
why am i such a horrible person.
why do i hate ppl just for being nice
maybe cos i was nice once
who knows.

If I took screenshots of my convos, you'll see that I'm the exact same. Do you think I'm a horrible person tho ? I don't think you do <3

Sometimes we just need to be alone, and to vent, and sometimes people don't get it. Because who can really understand how we feel deep inside, I'm sure I can't 100% truly understand your feelings, even if I relate with them quite a lot most of the time.

So yeah, we panic, and we push away people, because we don't want to explain what's wrong, or maybe .. I hate to admit it but maybe we're scared of happy people. I used to be scared of them most of the time, I don't really understand why tho..

Anyway, whatever you did/think you did/said, you're far from being an awful person <3. I know coming from a random one on the internet doesn't seem very .. Erm .. Helpful ? And I know, but I still tell it to you because sometimes we also need reassurance <3

I really don't think you're a bad person, and if you want to push me away because I'm trying too hard to make you feel better, I invite you to do so, because I did it to my friend 5 days ago and felt better afterwards. I know it sounds mean, especially coming from me, but what can I say, I still did it \:

Just so you know even if it turns out you want some air, I'll still be here as a shadow, waiting for you to feel better so I can come back <3

And If you want me to listen to you, I'm here, and not going anywhere :penguinhug:

Spoiler

<3
(edited 7 years ago)
Someone told me he's happy I can smile again, because happiness suits me :h:

So here's my next goal :

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7677
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Someone told me he's happy I can smile again, because hapiness suits me :h:

So here's my next goal :

Spoiler