The Student Room Group

We're in a relationship without a title.

I have been dating him for a few weeks (known him for years). We both openly said we weren't dating anyone else. He asked me to stay over once or twice and I declined both offers. I explained my reasons to him one being the fact it would look bad if i stayed at a guys house since I lived at home and I feel I'd have to be in an official relationship first.

From there he went on to say he didn't see any reason why we couldn't be together properly since we've known each other so long. I am unsure what my response to this was, i didn't agree nor disagree to this.

We pretty much do coupley things, see each other all the time. He calls me his lady and we talk about future plans and what not. He even asked if i had any reservations about being in a relationship and my honest answer was. no. He's treated me so nice and i can't compare him to anyone else. I couldn't ask for anything more right now.

So i don't know why I'm so against putting a title on it. I guess I was questioning if there was a spark between us. Having just seen him a while ago i realised that I am really attracted to him, I think about him all the time and I wanted to jump his bones when I saw him today. I've probably never been this comfortable with any guy I've ever been with. I've just started to overthink the whole situation and for some reason I want to run away. Has anyone else experienced this? What do i do?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Why dont you want a title
Yes you are over thinking things. I don't really know what you expect will happen if you all of a sudden put a 'title' on things
You need to define what is it and have a title.

You might have your hang ups for having a title, but if he starts saying to everyone he is single and he isn't seeing anyone special... how would that make you feel ?

Defining this is something you would need to make sure youre on the same page and there isn't heart break later.
Original post by YesMore
Why dont you want a title

I'm not sure. I've always been a relationshipy person, it just seems kinda early.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Yes you are over thinking things. I don't really know what you expect will happen if you all of a sudden put a 'title' on things

Lol good point. Its true, I'm already spending lots of time with him as it is etc

Original post by stargirl63
You need to define what is it and have a title.

You might have your hang ups for having a title, but if he starts saying to everyone he is single and he isn't seeing anyone special... how would that make you feel ?

Defining this is something you would need to make sure youre on the same page and there isn't heart break later.

I would be upset if i heard he said anything like that tbh since I feel like we have been getting on so great and he has alot to make me think he is serious about me.

I have no intention of speaking with anyone else at this point in time.
Original post by phunky_fresh

I would be upset if i heard he said anything like that tbh since I feel like we have been getting on so great and he has alot to make me think he is serious about me.

I have no intention of speaking with anyone else at this point in time.

I understand that. But does he ? He has said a lot to show you he is serious but what have you done ? There's only so much you can be saying that you "don't wanna define it" Without him thinking why is she so hesitant to make this official.
I understand that. But does he ? He has said a lot to show you he is serious but what have you done ? There's only so much you can be saying that you "don't wanna define it" Without him thinking why is she so hesitant to make this official.

Yes I literally told him I wasn't seeing anyone else and i don't date more than one person at once. I've told him I have no doubts about him and i believe he isn't messing me around.......

All the more the reason to put a title on it. Yeah i see that now.
Original post by phunky_fresh
Yes I literally told him I wasn't seeing anyone else and i don't date more than one person at once. I've told him I have no doubts about him and i believe he isn't messing me around.......

All the more the reason to put a title on it. Yeah i see that now.

Hope things work out, but whatever it is stopping you from defining it...don't be scared.
Hope things work out, but whatever it is stopping you from defining it...don't be scared.

Original post by Foo.mp3
Last of the great romantics :date:

Continue to 'date' until you find your answer, and bail without hesitation is there's no spark (60%+ probability, t'would seem)

Thank you. I bumped into a mutual friend of ours and we got into a big conversation about relationships. He asked if I was in a relationship and i honestly didn't know how to respond. So later I asked the guy I'm dating if we are in a relationship and he said '' He'd like to think so especially after the last evening we spent together ''.

We are now officially in a relationship and on the same page :smile: and i don't feel any different, I'm still enjoying our time together. The last date we went on and the conversation with our mutual friend made me realise so much.
:lolwut:
He sounds like your back up boyfriend choice when you couldn't get anyone better looking so your treating him worse cos you think you can get better, his fault for being such a gentleman tbf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending