The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CatusStarbright
I'm doing Lit and EPQ :smile:

Yay! What texts are you doing, and what is your EPQ about!?

Original post by thevamps99xo
I have Aspergers myself, so it's nice to talk to others who can relate your courses sound really interesting, I wanted to take literature on its own but the head of sixth form suggested I do the combined instead ! Your EPQ sounds really interesting Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much!! Like I said, if you need any tips with Streetcar, I have a lot of knowledge about it!

Yeah, I have aspergers, I'm proud of it but it gets a little annoying sometimes when people don't understand or aren't lenient when I do something or say something I can't help. It gets really frustrating... :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone else struggling to write their personal statement. I love writing and have quite a bit to talk about but I've just got personal statement block lol- lots of pressure.
I start on Thursday, but I have to go to school on Wednesday to pick up my timetable and get important information! And same,I'm dreading it as its our last year of school!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I start on Wednesday but not sure if I have lessons r if I'm just picking up my timetable etc.
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
I start on Wednesday but not sure if I have lessons r if I'm just picking up my timetable etc.

At the end of the school year my sixth form sent us a letter saying that all students in the sixth form must attend an assembly on 7th September to collect our timetables, so it'll be interesting to see who will be in my Year!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the end of the school year my sixth form sent us a letter saying that all students in the sixth form must attend an assembly on 7th September to collect our timetables, so it'll be interesting to see who will be in my Year!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think my sixth form has probably halved this year (not many people returning)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jealous of those of you who haven't started yet... I'm already busy with A2 work. :frown:
I kind of really want to know who didn't get back in, and who dropped my classes...
I feel like biology will be substantially smaller, but I'm not completely certain...

Am I a bad person? :hide:
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
I think my sixth form has probably halved this year (not many people returning)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, a few of my friends dropped out to go somewhere else! Also a considerable amount of people got Us in multiple subjects, so they had to leave :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 288
Original post by Gogregg
I kind of really want to know who didn't get back in, and who dropped my classes...
I feel like biology will be substantially smaller, but I'm not completely certain...

Am I a bad person? :hide:

I'm the same haha.

Although I'm more excited to see my history teachers and celebrate getting an A!! Also I want to see my marks in each question on Edexcel Online or whatever it's called.

Spoiler

Yeah, a few of my friends dropped out to go somewhere else! Also a considerable amount of people got Us in multiple subjects, so they had to leave :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I don't know much of the grades but I think people are just leaving because they want to. I think the people who got Us in my year will probably resit or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamestg
I'm the same haha.

Although I'm more excited to see my history teachers and celebrate getting an A!! Also I want to see my marks in each question on Edexcel Online or whatever it's called.

Spoiler

I've been dying to know what my marks for each question were in history :frown: is the account yours or does a teacher have to find out for you?? (also, I have to ask: which topics did you do for AS/going to do for A2??)
Reply 291
Original post by Ruthie2267
I've been dying to know what my marks for each question were in history :frown: is the account yours or does a teacher have to find out for you?? (also, I have to ask: which topics did you do for AS/going to do for A2??)

My teacher has one :-)

I did route G - so Germany 1918-89 as well as Fascist Italy 1911-46. This year I'm also doing Tudor Rebellions :frown: and Witchtrials coursework :frown: :frown:

You?
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I started two weeks ago!! Hey guys, I think I'll join in this thread if that's okay. :tongue:

Anyone doing any of these subjects?

English Language
English Literature
History

(also doing an EPQ!)

Ooh I'm doing Lang and an EPQ - really looking forward to the language change bit of language, hopefully we'll get to look at how it's changed over the long term, ie since the Norman conquest... (so interesting!) I'm also looking forward to the coursework, especially the creative writing because I'm doing a style model on a Japanese short story (I want to study Japanese at uni)

Are you doing AQA? :smile:
Original post by jamestg
My teacher has one :-)

I did route G - so Germany 1918-89 as well as Fascist Italy 1911-46. This year I'm also doing Tudor Rebellions :frown: and Witchtrials coursework :frown: :frown:

You?

damn oh well I'll have to cope knowing my general scores for each paper then I guess :tongue:

I did route C - Stuart Britain and the Glorious Revolution 1625 - 1701 and the Russian Revolution. How did you find your papers? my friend did route G and he hated them D:

I'm doing the witch trials too this year! Only we're doing it as the exam and Nazi Germany (what a surprise :wink: ) as coursework! Are you doing coursework first? because I have to & quite honestly I'm not 100% sure what we're even supposed to do for it :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 294
Original post by Ruthie2267
damn oh well I'll have to cope knowing my general scores for each paper then I guess :tongue:

I did route C - Stuart Britain and the Glorious Revolution 1625 - 1701 and the Russian Revolution. How did you find your papers? my friend did route G and he hated them D:

I'm doing the witch trials too this year! Only we're doing it as the exam and Nazi Germany (what a surprise :wink: ) as coursework! Are you doing coursework first? because quite honestly I'm not 100% sure what we're even supposed to do for it :s-smilie:

I think we're doing coursework and Tudor rebellions at the same time, then once we've finished the coursework we revise Germany. I found route g, particularly the interpretations and Italy unit, really interesting. Just a bit tedious doing Germany for the 3rd year in a row lmao. How did you find route c?

I've got no idea how A2 history is going to pan out, I don't even really know what I'm doing except the unit titles hahah
Original post by jamestg
I'm the same haha.

Spoiler

I'm dead excited to see my biology teachers so i can celebrate with them :biggrin:

I emailed them both on results day, and i made one of them cry apparently :colondollar: (in the good way!)

I actually got my mark breakdown for biology (OCR) and that was super exciting, but i felt a bit awkward, because, when you added up our school's average mark for each question, you ended up with a D :colondollar:
Reply 296
Original post by Gogregg
I'm dead excited to see my biology teachers so i can celebrate with them :biggrin:

I emailed them both on results day, and i made one of them cry apparently :colondollar: (in the good way!)

I actually got my mark breakdown for biology (OCR) and that was super exciting, but i felt a bit awkward, because, when you added up our school's average mark for each question, you ended up with a D :colondollar:

Ahhh congrats and that's good to hear!

With the average grade being a D, getting an A is super impressive :biggrin:
Original post by jamestg
I think we're doing coursework and Tudor rebellions at the same time, then once we've finished the coursework we revise Germany. I found route g, particularly the interpretations and Italy unit, really interesting. Just a bit tedious doing Germany for the 3rd year in a row lmao. How did you find route c?

I've got no idea how A2 history is going to pan out, I don't even really know what I'm doing except the unit titles hahah

Interpretations are always really interesting tbh...damn, yeah, I'm lucky because I've never actually studied Germany in school so this'll all be new stuff for me :biggrin:

Route C was really fun tbh, I enjoyed the breadth topic more than Russia, but there was so much info to know!! i'm worried for next year though, because a) I have a new teacher who doesn't seem to be as good as my last one, and b) Edexcel gave us really nice questions in the exam at AS so they might ramp it up loads for next years exams XD

you don't sound too happy about doing the Tudors though - I think it looks like a great topic :tongue:
Original post by jamestg
Ahhh congrats and that's good to hear!

With the average grade being a D, getting an A is super impressive :biggrin:

I sure hope so :biggrin:
But then again, I may have done something wrong when adding them up, but either way, the average is probably a low D, I think my addition was correct :lol:

Then again, our biology classes were plagued by people taking it, thinking it would be dead easy :colondollar:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Yay! What texts are you doing, and what is your EPQ about!?

I'm studying Tess of the d'Urbervilles, Othello, Death of a Salesman from year 12 and this year we're studying The Kite Runner and The Handmaid's Tale.

I haven't fully decided on my EPQ topic yet, but I'm considering doing it on how Henry II influenced the modern legal system.

Quick Reply

Latest