The Student Room Group

Unhappy on placement

If you were unhappy on a placement in an investment bank - what would you do? On one hand it's alright and I am learning and it looks great on my CV. On another it's not the role I want to do and I know this already. Should I leverage the position I'm in to apply for summer programmes for next year? Should I be honest and tell the appropriate people (although this could work against me potentially)? Thoughts?
Original post by Parx
If you were unhappy on a placement in an investment bank - what would you do? On one hand it's alright and I am learning and it looks great on my CV. On another it's not the role I want to do and I know this already. Should I leverage the position I'm in to apply for summer programmes for next year? Should I be honest and tell the appropriate people (although this could work against me potentially)? Thoughts?

Finish the placement and leverage it for the role you want to do later. Nothing to be gained by prematurely telling everyone you don't want to do it, absolutely nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
How about applying for 2017 summer internships and then pulling out of the placement a bit early to have a break and commence the summer internship?
Reply 3
and at what point do you tell them you don't eant that role as a grad?
Original post by Parx
and at what point do you tell them you don't eant that role as a grad?

What division is this out of curiosity?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending