The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

GCSE grades good enough for Economics BSc at LSE?

I am an A-Level student who is currently dreaming of going to LSE to do a BSc in Economics! I just got my GCSE results and achieved 6 A*s, 4 As and 2 Bs. For Economics, LSE website says that a B in GCSE English Language, and an A at GCSE Maths. I met this and got a B in English Language and an A in Maths. I have just started Year 12 and have not done my A-Levels yet, but can anyone tell me if I have a good chance of getting in? I have been told that the top Universities are putting added emphasis on GCSE Results now!
Original post by dp00
I am an A-Level student who is currently dreaming of going to LSE to do a BSc in Economics! I just got my GCSE results and achieved 6 A*s, 4 As and 2 Bs. For Economics, LSE website says that a B in GCSE English Language, and an A at GCSE Maths. I met this and got a B in English Language and an A in Maths. I have just started Year 12 and have not done my A-Levels yet, but can anyone tell me if I have a good chance of getting in? I have been told that the top Universities are putting added emphasis on GCSE Results now!

Yes your grades are just fine! You meet the GCSE requirement. For the record, AS/A Level grades matter more than the GCSE ones for when applying to university.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending