The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Anyone doing Early childhood studies? Roehampton university

Hey, I'm going to be starting my degree for early childhood studies at roehampton and wanted to get to meet other people also doing the same course, I don't know anyone going to the university and am really scared about making new friends.
Heya! I'm doing Early Childhood studies :biggrin: I don't know anyone either and I'm scared about making friends as well!
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by LilyClayden
Heya! I'm doing Early Childhood studies :biggrin: I don't know anyone either and I'm scared about making friends as well!

Omg that's so exciting :h: are you coming to the lecturers they're having on the open day for the course? I feel as if there will be hardly any people since i don't know how many people are taking the course
Original post by 101beenish
Omg that's so exciting :h: are you coming to the lecturers they're having on the open day for the course? I feel as if there will be hardly any people since i don't know how many people are taking the course

Omg which day is the open day for the course?! I feel like I don't know much information about freshers week etc haha! Also, do you know which accommodation you're in? :biggrin:
Reply 4
Omg which day is the open day for the course?! I feel like I don't know much information about freshers week etc haha! Also, do you know which accommodation you're in? :biggrin:

There's a list of all the events they're having on the week on the student website and I'm not staying at the uni gonna be taking the train everyday 😭 And have you seen the timetable?
There's a list of all the events they're having on the week on the student website and I'm not staying at the uni gonna be taking the train everyday 😭 And have you seen the timetable?

Oh okay thank you, I'll check out the list!! Aw no that sucks 😫 Yes I have ☺️ so glad I get Monday's and Thursday's off! Btw do I need to buy text books for the course? Sorry I'm asking so many questions 😂
Reply 6
Oh okay thank you, I'll check out the list!! Aw no that sucks 😫 Yes I have ☺️ so glad I get Monday's and Thursday's off! Btw do I need to buy text books for the course? Sorry I'm asking so many questions 😂

I KNOWW, get to relax for two days and loooool don't worry I still have millions of questions to ask lots of people and I heard that they tell you about the books we need to have once we've started. And I heard this course doesn't have any exams but then it said its 82% coursework
I KNOWW, get to relax for two days and loooool don't worry I still have millions of questions to ask lots of people and I heard that they tell you about the books we need to have once we've started. And I heard this course doesn't have any exams but then it said its 82% coursework

82%?! Well I guess I had better buy a ton of notebooks for lectures 😂 Last week I went on a campus tour but I'm still confused where my actual classes are?! I'm going to be that one student who gets lost on my first day haha 😫 Also i haven't even bought any freshers events tickets yet, I feel so unprepared omg
Reply 8
82%?! Well I guess I had better buy a ton of notebooks for lectures 😂 Last week I went on a campus tour but I'm still confused where my actual classes are?! I'm going to be that one student who gets lost on my first day haha 😫 Also i haven't even bought any freshers events tickets yet, I feel so unprepared omg

I initially wanted to do the primary education degree but I couldn't pass the skills tests so the only rooms I saw when I went was for that course which is kind of annoying, I had to last minute change to this course so I hardly know anything about it :s-smilie: and omg i don't think I'm going to buy the tickets, not really into the partying stuff lol but I definitely want to to go the fairs they will have, are you joining any societies?
I initially wanted to do the primary education degree but I couldn't pass the skills tests so the only rooms I saw when I went was for that course which is kind of annoying, I had to last minute change to this course so I hardly know anything about it :s-smilie: and omg i don't think I'm going to buy the tickets, not really into the partying stuff lol but I definitely want to to go the fairs they will have, are you joining any societies?

I was initially doing a speech therapy degree in Portsmouth but changed last minute so I don't know much about this one, all I know is that there will be Education modules throughout the course!! & Yeah same I'm the kind of person to stay in and watch TV on a Saturday night but I'm living on campus so I should probably force myself to party :frown: I think I'm going to the fair, do you know what societies they have? I looked on a website but only saw religious ones (I'm a Christian so I may join) but I'd rather do something different as well 😆
Reply 10
I was initially doing a speech therapy degree in Portsmouth but changed last minute so I don't know much about this one, all I know is that there will be Education modules throughout the course!! & Yeah same I'm the kind of person to stay in and watch TV on a Saturday night but I'm living on campus so I should probably force myself to party :frown: I think I'm going to the fair, do you know what societies they have? I looked on a website but only saw religious ones (I'm a Christian so I may join) but I'd rather do something different as well 😆

They have other different ones like photography societies and gardening societies and such, o think I might join the gardening one since I'm into that lool and do you have an insta so we could keep in contact on there?
They have other different ones like photography societies and gardening societies and such, o think I might join the gardening one since I'm into that lool and do you have an insta so we could keep in contact on there?

Oh awesome! I like gardening too, I'm from the countryside 😂 My Instagram is Lilyevieee :smile:
Reply 12
Oh awesome! I like gardening too, I'm from the countryside 😂 My Instagram is Lilyevieee :smile:

Just followed and yay, I quite liked the fact that they had fruit and veg allotments all over the uni.
Hey, I'm going to be starting my degree for early childhood studies at roehampton and wanted to get to meet other people also doing the same course, I don't know anyone going to the university and am really scared about making new friends.

Hi , I have Portsmouth as one of my choices for this exact course please help , what’s it like in terms of the course accommodation xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending