The Student Room Group

I want to go into teaching

If I would like to do teaching is BTEC business fine? or BTEC Health and Social Care?

Also, if I done BTEC Business how would I get into teaching from there?
Currently doing BTEC health and social care and I'm planning to go into teaching as well.

H&SC would be better because it covers useful topics like communication, safe guarding etc
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Currently doing BTEC health and social care and I'm planning to go into teaching as well.

H&SC would be better because if covers useful topics like communication, safe guarding etc

Oo, thank you How are you finding it so far? Also, would I still be able to go into teaching with BTEC Business though?
Original post by Unicornm8
Oo, thank you How are you finding it so far? Also, would I still be able to go into teaching with BTEC Business though?

It's actually alright, loads of coursework though. With H&SC you get to do 200+hours of work experience which universities will prefer and some will even say it's a must before starting any teaching courses. I'm not sure about business but if you do decide to do that then you have to try and find places to gain relevant work experience.
Reply 4
What are you hoping to teach?
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
What are you hoping to teach?

I don't know what exactly, but a TA in a primary school would also be fine

Quick Reply

Latest