The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Postgraduates - 2016/2017

Hello there! :smile:

I'm starting MSc Computer Science (with the Industrial Placement Option) and looking to find other postgrads who will be studying this or other subjects too so do say hello. :tongue:

I have applied for accommodation in Woolfe so will hopefully be living on Campus. Would love to get to know a few of you before I start.

a) What are you going to be studying?
b) Off campus/ or on Campus living
c) Do you intend to get involved in any freshers events?

I wasn't going to get involved with freshers as I expect not many postgrads get involved but if I see enough of you will be partying like your 18 again I might be persuaded...
Reply 1
Hey !

I'll be studying International Business & Economic Development. I've applied for accomodation in Woolf too, waiting to get more info on that next week..

I won't get involved in any freshers events 😊

See you in a few weeks
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Vdw8
Hey !

I'll be studying International Business & Economic Development. I've applied for accomodation in Woolf too, waiting to get more info on that next week..

I won't get involved in any freshers events 😊

See you in a few weeks

Oh awesome! What did you do for your bachelors? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Who_Cider
Oh awesome! What did you do for your bachelors? :smile:

BA (Hons.) Business Management. What about you ? 😉
Hi there :smile:
I'll be starting my International Double MA in International Relations (with a year in Moscow), and as I will only be in Kent for 35 weeks I will be living in Park Wood (confirmed as Farthings Court). I'm not sure if I will be getting involved with any freshers events, as my university experience was very different, but if I'm not going in completely alone I might :tongue: ! I'm originally from Wales, but moved to Canada in 2010 and did my BA in Russian and Political Science there. Now that my accommodation is confirmed I'm a little nervous as it's becoming more real!
Reply 5
Original post by Vdw8
BA (Hons.) Business Management. What about you ? 😉

Linguistics, so the MSc is something of a career change. :P

Original post by thewelshrussian
Hi there :smile:
I'll be starting my International Double MA in International Relations (with a year in Moscow), and as I will only be in Kent for 35 weeks I will be living in Park Wood (confirmed as Farthings Court). I'm not sure if I will be getting involved with any freshers events, as my university experience was very different, but if I'm not going in completely alone I might :tongue: ! I'm originally from Wales, but moved to Canada in 2010 and did my BA in Russian and Political Science there. Now that my accommodation is confirmed I'm a little nervous as it's becoming more real!

Sounds amazing! I did a term abroad during my undergraduate degree and it was honestly the highlight of my studies. I can't believe it's only two weeks away, the panic has started to set in! Haha well let me know if you decide to go to any I'd be happy to go with you to a few events.
Linguistics, so the MSc is something of a career change. :P

Sounds amazing! I did a term abroad during my undergraduate degree and it was honestly the highlight of my studies. I can't believe it's only two weeks away, the panic has started to set in! Haha well let me know if you decide to go to any I'd be happy to go with you to a few events.

Tell me about it! My flight leaves Canada on the 15th, and I haven't even made a dent in my packing yet. I'll need a few redbulls to get it all done! And definitely :smile: that would be fun! :smile:
Reply 7
Hey!

I know someone also studying MSc Computer Science with the option of an industrial placement at Kent!

I'm studying MSc Drug Design and will also be living in Woolf - I'll probably have a little exploration of the Freshers events going on - might as well before all the hard work starts haha!
Reply 8
Original post by thewelshrussian
Tell me about it! My flight leaves Canada on the 15th, and I haven't even made a dent in my packing yet. I'll need a few redbulls to get it all done! And definitely :smile: that would be fun! :smile:

I was exactly the same before my exchange in Sweden! Left it until literally a few days before doh! :tongue:

Original post by 95Yell
Hey!

I know someone also studying MSc Computer Science with the option of an industrial placement at Kent!

I'm studying MSc Drug Design and will also be living in Woolf - I'll probably have a little exploration of the Freshers events going on - might as well before all the hard work starts haha!

Hey there :smile:

Oh awesome! Are they staying on Campus too?

That sounds really cool. :redface: What was your undergraduate in?

Good, good! Happy to see some postgrads are thinking of attending freshers events. Haha I had the exact same thought, a nice hedonistic release before I become entombed by a mountain of study.
Reply 9

Hey there :smile:

Oh awesome! Are they staying on Campus too?

That sounds really cool. :redface: What was your undergraduate in?

Good, good! Happy to see some postgrads are thinking of attending freshers events. Haha I had the exact same thought, a nice hedonistic release before I become entombed by a mountain of study.

I think they're living off of campus, unlike all of us! :smile:

My undergraduate degree was in Biochemistry, so it's in a kinda similar field!

I was trying to find my timetable the other day, and I found that apparently postgrads don't get them until 23rd September, so by the looks of it, we are mostly free to pretend we're 18 again during Freshers!
Reply 10
Original post by 95Yell
I think they're living off of campus, unlike all of us! :smile:

My undergraduate degree was in Biochemistry, so it's in a kinda similar field!

I was trying to find my timetable the other day, and I found that apparently postgrads don't get them until 23rd September, so by the looks of it, we are mostly free to pretend we're 18 again during Freshers!

I did consider off Campus especially because I never got to experience it as an undergrad (lived in halls all three years) but seeing as I'm a creature of habit it will be halls again for me.

Exactly what I wanted to here. :P
Reply 11
Original post by sahjan
I'll be doing MSc CompSci with industrial placement too!! I did my Bachelor's in Genetics :P. I recieved my offer of accommodation at Woolf. I'll be in the Dalloway block. Have you recieved your offer?
And no I'm not too interested in the fresher's stuff. But maybe I'll tag along just for the freebies. You get tonnes of those during fresher's week.

Hey there :smile: Yes I have, I'm in Hogarth! Haha fair enough, yes I remember getting key rings, pizza, coasters, pens, notepads and a ton of other free stuff from my undergraduate freshers. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending