The Student Room Group

Kings college - hygiene and therapy interview

Hi I have been shortlisted for interview at kings college for dental hygiene and therapy.
I'm a little stuck on the item that I have made and developed!??
Any ideas on this!??

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I have also been short listed. I took art a level and I sketch on a regular basis, I may take my sketch book to show them. Not 100% sure though.

I wonder what the mini test will be like also..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
hey guys. when's your interview? did u receive the article? x
Reply 3
Original post by Rissyz
hey guys. when's your interview? did u receive the article? x

my interview is the 7th sept, yeah working through the articles at the moment. there just so much prep to do.
have you applied anywhere else??
Have you any experience in dentistry??
Reply 4
TE=Shainalaw;67123350]Hello, I have also been short listed. I took art a level and I sketch on a regular basis, I may take my sketch book to show them. Not 100% sure though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea about the mini test,
yeah that's a good idea, have you applied anywhere else?
Reply 5
Original post by Bkei26
my interview is the 7th sept, yeah working through the articles at the moment. there just so much prep to do.
have you applied anywhere else??
Have you any experience in dentistry??

Hey!
same here. what times urs? mines 16 00. I have got a place at another uni but kings is my first choice so waiting on them. I am a dental nurse an have been for the past 3 years. whats your story? :smile: x
Reply 6
mines at 12.00.
I'm a dental nurse for Past 3 years studied at university of Portsmouth for my DN
What other university have you got a place at!? How was that interview!?
Original post by Bkei26
TE=Shainalaw;67123350]Hello, I have also been short listed. I took art a level and I sketch on a regular basis, I may take my sketch book to show them. Not 100% sure though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea about the mini test,
yeah that's a good idea, have you applied anywhere else?

No, I've only applied to go to Kings, I did my dental nursing course there and no how good the teaching is! Really want a spot.. !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Bkei26
mines at 12.00.
I'm a dental nurse for Past 3 years studied at university of Portsmouth for my DN
What other university have you got a place at!? How was that interview!?

That is great! Im pretty sure Portsmouth and Kings work together too. Its at Leeds which is also a great uni but Kings is my dream. That interview was tough but MMI style which i prefer much more! Panel scares me! x
Reply 9
Yeah they do. I worked along side student dentist from kings as they rotated working at Portsmouth.
Well done on Leeds. That's a great course to get onto.
yeah I prefer mmi.
Sitting in front of 4 tutors is slightly scary you know there's going to be 2 good cops and 2 bad cops 🙈!!!! Haha
I'm sure it will all be fine, it's only about 20mins it's will fly by ...... Hopefully!
Reply 10
Anybody have an interview on the 8th? also does anyone know when we would be told if you have been accepted? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by soniam95
Anybody have an interview on the 8th? also does anyone know when we would be told if you have been accepted? :smile:

I was wondering the same thing! Also I wonder how many people actually have interviews..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
i read somewhere that we should have a decision in 2 weeks after your interview. But I maybe wrong 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Bkei26
Yeah they do. I worked along side student dentist from kings as they rotated working at Portsmouth.
Well done on Leeds. That's a great course to get onto.
yeah I prefer mmi.
Sitting in front of 4 tutors is slightly scary you know there's going to be 2 good cops and 2 bad cops 🙈!!!! Haha
I'm sure it will all be fine, it's only about 20mins it's will fly by ...... Hopefully!

Thats awesome! thanks, im elated to have a place there.what do you mean some r good some bad? is your item ready? i feel like it will be such a long 20 mins lol. do you have facebook? x
Reply 14
you normally have a interviewer that is nicer than the other. So as there is 4 there's probably 2 that's are nice and 2 that will be harsher. I might be wrong lol!
Yeah almost. How about you. ??
Yeah I am on Facebook are you!?? 20 minutes is going to be soo long . Xx
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Well I'm freaking out its my first interview for this course and i don't really have alot of dental experience! 😕
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Nikki242
Well I'm freaking out its my first interview for this course and i don't really have alot of dental experience! 😕

Hey, whens your interview? Dont worry we all have equal chance dental experience or not. As long as you read the guidelines and prepare properly! X
Reply 17
By the way guys, for those interested - theres a facebook group for all dental hygiene and therapy applicants. Just search dental hygiene and therapy applicants 2016? I think it is! X
Reply 18
Original post by Rissyz
Hey, whens your interview? Dont worry we all have equal chance dental experience or not. As long as you read the guidelines and prepare properly! X

Hey, my interviews this Friday, 9th September. I don't even know what i'm going to bring in yet. How do I prep for this particular interview.
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Xx
So much prep that I still have to do, I just wanna get this over with 🙄! Good luck to everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest