The Student Room Group

I met mr right BUT

I'm a shallow fool. I've known this guy for several months and we met through a friend, we've been hanging out a lot lately due to having mutual friends. He's everything I want on paper - tall, rich, super funny, a good listener, great kisser, handsome. We went on one date and it was bloody perfect. I left wanting to see him more. He's asked me to meet him for another date this week but I feel like this is where my evil side comes in. I would like to point out that he is 1.5 years younger. I've never dated a younger guy before but I've come to learn that age is just a number. I'll like to add that he is super mature, has a stable job.

Now, the real problem lies with how young he looks. Not only is he younger but he looks about 3-4 years younger(we're both in mid 20's). My friend was quick to judge a picture of us, she said "girl he's cute but he looks super young". He has a baby face but his stubble defo helps. I look about 1-2 years younger(especially without make up), I feel like when I am going to meet him, I have to wear as little make up as possible so we look slightly the same age.

He's an awesome guy however. I was at a party and someone got hurt and he was quick to bandage her up etc and it made me feel like I was a horrible human to doubt him because he looks young. I have no idea what to say to him before our second date comes. I'll be attending a good friends party soon and I know he'll be there so its not like I can just brush this off. What do I do? Very confused? I feel like he deserves better than me!
Reply 1
Stop being so picky, no one will have the perfect combination of looks and personalities. You like him a lot but put off by something like that? Come on!

And who cares what other people think? If you and him are happy then that's all that matters.
Original post by UWS
Stop being so picky, no one will have the perfect combination of looks and personalities. You like him a lot but put off by something like that? Come on!

And who cares what other people think? If you and him are happy then that's all that matters.

You have a good point lol
This is the absolute perfect encapsulation of the difference between men and women.

Both men and women have standards - (not saying they're high necessarily). Men will happily go for the first woman that meets their standards, a woman will only go for a man who exceeds hers by the most. This usually means a lot of women are always hanging on for someone that might never actually come along.
Original post by Alittlelostsheep
I'm a shallow fool. I've known this guy for several months and we met through a friend, we've been hanging out a lot lately due to having mutual friends. He's everything I want on paper - tall, rich, super funny, a good listener, great kisser, handsome. We went on one date and it was bloody perfect. I left wanting to see him more. He's asked me to meet him for another date this week but I feel like this is where my evil side comes in. I would like to point out that he is 1.5 years younger. I've never dated a younger guy before but I've come to learn that age is just a number. I'll like to add that he is super mature, has a stable job.

Now, the real problem lies with how young he looks. Not only is he younger but he looks about 3-4 years younger(we're both in mid 20's). My friend was quick to judge a picture of us, she said "girl he's cute but he looks super young". He has a baby face but his stubble defo helps. I look about 1-2 years younger(especially without make up), I feel like when I am going to meet him, I have to wear as little make up as possible so we look slightly the same age.

He's an awesome guy however. I was at a party and someone got hurt and he was quick to bandage her up etc and it made me feel like I was a horrible human to doubt him because he looks young. I have no idea what to say to him before our second date comes. I'll be attending a good friends party soon and I know he'll be there so its not like I can just brush this off. What do I do? Very confused? I feel like he deserves better than me!

Stop listening to people judging him, stop playing games, if you like him who cares right? He seems to treat you well.
He deserves better than you? That's just your lack of confidence talking. Go on a few more dates with him - what have you got to lose?
As soon as I started reading and I saw that "rich" was the second among the things you want, I figured he deserves way better then you.
Original post by Trinculo
This is the absolute perfect encapsulation of the difference between men and women.

Both men and women have standards - (not saying they're high necessarily). Men will happily go for the first woman that meets their standards, a woman will only go for a man who exceeds hers by the most. This usually means a lot of women are always hanging on for someone that might never actually come along.

Well said. You earned that rep sir.

Women's expectations are always too high for guys, apart from the insecure girls.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mcneill98
Well said. You earned that rep sir.

Women's expectations are always too high for guys, apart from the insecure girls.

I don't necessarly say that - more that a large number or women set themselves up to fail. They consciously or unconciously set their parameters, and are then dissatisfied that they could potentially find someone better ad infinitum, unless they happen to fall madly in love.
Original post by Withengar
As soon as I started reading and I saw that "rich" was the second among the things you want, I figured he deserves way better then you.

I have money too so not a huge deal but this is usually on every womens checklist I would still feel the same if he was poor. I've dated my fair share of poor men :smile:
Girl if you're feeling self conscious about looking different ages, just take a look at Sam and Aaron Taylor Johnson
wow thats a really weird reason not to be interested in someone

he won't be young forever.
Reply 12
Who cares if he is younger?? Wow lmao
Original post by Alittlelostsheep

I don't understand the problem... Sounds like he's perfect from what you've said... So what if he's younger? If the age difference was like STUPID like 10 years or something okay you have a case but 1 year rly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending