The Student Room Group

11-15 Oyster Photocard (Londoners)

Guys I need a bit of help,

You see when your photocard expires, can you use it as a normal pay as you go Oyster card and top it up like the adult one?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
nope. you need to apply for 16+ oyster
I'm pretty sure you have to order a 16+ photocard..
If you live in London, the bus and tram will still be free.
Reply 4
Original post by oueoue
nope. you need to apply for 16+ oyster

Yeah I applied but I have been without an oyster for 5 days now and I need to go on the street. Probably gonna have to buy a travelcard.
Original post by Rajive
Yeah I applied but I have been without an oyster for 5 days now and I need to go on the street. Probably gonna have to buy a travelcard.

If you're entering Year 12 this year, the 11-15 cards expire on the 30th September..
Reply 6
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
If you're entering Year 12 this year, the 11-15 cards expire on the 30th September..

I feel so dumb, your right. But I have already ordered the 16+ one, do you think they would have cancelled this one already?
Original post by Rajive
I feel so dumb, your right. But I have already ordered the 16+ one, do you think they would have cancelled this one already?

No.
My new 16+ oyster came yesterday but my 11-15 is still working (I used it this afternoon).
Reply 8
No.
My new 16+ oyster came yesterday but my 11-15 is still working (I used it this afternoon).

Are you planning to not use it until it has expired?
Original post by Rajive
Are you planning to not use it until it has expired?

Yep - apparently the 16+ train journey's are more expensive, and that's how I get to school, so I'll use my 11-15 card until the last possible date to save money.

I guessed you had probably misread the expiration date - I think it's kinda stupid having it end in September when the logical expiration date is August.
Reply 10
Yep - apparently the 16+ train journey's are more expensive, and that's how I get to school, so I'll use my 11-15 card until the last possible date to save money.

I guessed you had probably misread the expiration date - I think it's kinda stupid having it end in September when the logical expiration date is August.

What subjects are you doing?
Original post by Rajive
What subjects are you doing?

Maths, Physics, Further Maths, Computing :s-smilie:
You?
Reply 12
Maths, Physics, Further Maths, Computing :s-smilie:
You?

Maths economics history and ict...good luck with further maths
Original post by Rajive
Maths economics history and ict...good luck with further maths

Haha, thanks.

Good Luck with your subjects,

When do/did you start?
Reply 14
Haha, thanks.

Good Luck with your subjects,

When do/did you start?

I start on Wednesday for year 12s but we get a 3 day induction. Like year 7 when you had about 1 or 2 days to get familiar with the building then the rest of the school comes.

What about you?
Original post by Rajive
I start on Wednesday for year 12s but we get a 3 day induction. Like year 7 when you had about 1 or 2 days to get familiar with the building then the rest of the school comes.

What about you?

I start tomorrow and I guess we have a two day induction, but they don't really call it an induction
X QUOTE]

How do you renew your 16+ oyster card? Through the web account? At a Post Office? I'm so confused lol.
[QUOTE="IRoranth;67403542"]
X QUOTE]

How do you renew your 16+ oyster card? Through the web account? At a Post Office? I'm so confused lol.

Why would you need to renew it?
You have to apply your 16+ Oyster Card Online I already have mines but I won't start using it until I start sixth form, I don't understand why they don't give us applications anymore :/
Original post by IRoranth
Why would you need to renew it?

You can't renew it unless your 16+ Oyster Card is lost/broken/stolen

You can't renew it unless your 16+ Oyster Card is lost/broken/stolen if you're applying for it, you need to apply online (you can do it here)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest