The Student Room Group

The government is spending £10million English lessons for Syrian refugees

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Craig1998
So thats £340 million left from Brexit :lol:?

Yes sure and the rest will be spent on the NHS
:lol:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

It's the equivalent of complaining if your friend gave a homeless person 50p.

Two whole freddo bars :moon:
Original post by Jee1
A government pledge to spend £10m on English tuition for Syrian refugees in Britain, while ignoring those from other countries, is “madness”, according to the charity advising the Home Office on how to integrate refugees.The government is making the pledge as it confirms that the local authority places needed to deliver on its commitment to resettle 20,000 Syrian refugees by 2020 have been found.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/03/english-lessons-syrian-refugees

20,000 people, even if a small amount of them enter the workforce they will pay much more than 10m in taxes over their lives.
Wtf. People are complaining that £10m is wasted money? English is essential in any country now. Let's not forget these people come here for safety and because they have been persecuted. They may not particularly want to be here. £10m is pocket money to this government. It will keep these refugees from doing nothing and will encourage them to get jobs. The £10m spent on this would be made back in a few years from taxes of the working refugees.

Think about it. And whilst you're at it, learn to have some ****ing compassion.
Original post by The_Opinion
No, its like you dropping your wallet on the floor, your friend picking it up, taking 50p out of it, giving the 50p to the homeless person and then returning the wallet back to you.

**** me! 20p from your taxes...... the world has officially gone mad people 20P!!!!!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS DAMN GOVERNMENT?! **** THIS I'M VOTING BNP!!!!!!!!!!
Utter waste of money, effectively forcing me to pay 20p for lessons for people that should not even be here. I may find a way of costing the government 20p extra today just to make myself feel better.

20p... quit crying pal

No, its like you dropping your wallet on the floor, your friend picking it up, taking 50p out of it, giving the 50p to the homeless person and then returning the wallet back to you.
I'd be fine with that, I wouldn't be a petty ar*ehole and moan about it.

*If the nation doesn't collapse in the next 20 years, which it probably will do, in which case ill emigrate.
What a shame we don't have the EU to help us out then, thank yourself on the way out :doh:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ollie1024
20p... quit crying pal I'd be fine with that, I wouldn't be a petty ar*ehole and moan about it. What a shame we don't have the EU to help us out then, thank yourself on the way out :doh:
What has the EU got to do with my post? What a strange comment.
What has the EU got to do with my post? What a strange comment.

Now that we've left surely we will be able to afford this? Oh ****, I forgot that every single penny we saved is going to be spent on the NHS.

Not.
Original post by abrack
Now that we've left surely we will be able to afford this? Oh ****, I forgot that every single penny we saved is going to be spent on the NHS.

Not.

Again, another very strange comment from yourself, do you often ague with yourself?
Original post by Jee1
A government pledge to spend £10m on English tuition for Syrian refugees in Britain, while ignoring those from other countries, is “madness”, according to the charity advising the Home Office on how to integrate refugees.The government is making the pledge as it confirms that the local authority places needed to deliver on its commitment to resettle 20,000 Syrian refugees by 2020 have been found.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/03/english-lessons-syrian-refugees

£10 Million on education, eh?

The government have spent a lot more on far more useless endeavors...
Again, another very strange comment from yourself, do you often ague with yourself?

No, I'm saying that the Leave campaign was packed full of lies.
'Why can't Syrian refugees assimilate properly'!!!

'Stop spending my hard earned taxes on English lessons for them'!!!

The paradox of Neo-Conservatism
Reply 52
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
£10 Million on education, eh?

The government have spent a lot more on far more useless endeavors...

£10m on education and many other billions will be spent on accommodations and living costs on them in the coming years
Original post by abrack
No, I'm saying that the Leave campaign was packed full of lies.

Nah that was the remain campaign that was full of cowards, remember the WW3 claim :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:, people like you actually believed the lies of the establishment.
Better off just not bothering, and limiting immigration to those who will be assets to the country. If that would include some Syrian migrants, fine. But they shouldn't be given anything resembling priority.
Nah that was the remain campaign that was full of cowards, remember the WW3 claim :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:, people like you actually believed the lies of the establishment.

And you believed the lies of Nazis.
Original post by abrack
And you believed the lies of Nazis.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I didn't think that Hitler ever made a statement about the EU :biggrin: :biggrin:.
Original post by KimKallstrom
It's a steal IMO. It'll save on the interpreter fees for when hundreds get arrested for rape.

Joking

Not joking

Sort of joking *

Glass half full. I like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well its actually like a gang that has the monopoly of force in your geographic area and takes your wallet regulatory extracts the 50p to give to the homeless person. But that's how states work. What are you going to do? Make your own militia and try and take on the state?
Original post by Bornblue
Our National debt is 4.8 trillion. A trillion is a million million.
So it would have paid off around 1/ 4,800,00000000 of our national debt. Not exactly a huge help is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The entire world is in an incomprehensible amount of debt that will never be repaid. Eventually the bubble will burst and it'll all get written off following an economic collapse.

**** it though, we'll be long dead before it happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending