The Student Room Group

2016 A-level Remarks

Scroll to see replies

same thing happened to me, always getting A for law but my alevel results for that subject turns out to be a freaking D!! im doing under IAL edexcel too. idk that u had to send both papers for remarks? i only paid around 50 pounds and i thought they'll remark both papers?? paper 1 and 2.. theyre all under the same code right , YLA01 Law
Reply 261
is anyone planning on resitting any a level modules whilst at uni?
Can I still get a remark for AS OCR????
Original post by boyyo
is anyone planning on resitting any a level modules whilst at uni?

Yes I'm doing a maths degree and so will be retaking one of my maths modules to try and boost my grade up to an A*, and I'm also tempted to retake my English language AS exam as I need another 2ums for an A overall !! bloody English !!!
Original post by OddFuturez
Can I still get a remark for AS OCR????

It is too late now. Remarks have to be requested in August not September :/ if you want to improve your marks I suggest retaking some units :smile:
Anyone had a successful remark of AQA CHEM2, CHEM4 or CHEM5?
Original post by fefssdf
It is too late now. Remarks have to be requested in August not September :/ if you want to improve your marks I suggest retaking some units :smile:

But i thought the deadline for remarks was the 20th September?
How long did the standard remark take to get back? AQA btw
Original post by fefssdf

stop giving out false information, the deadline is mid-september
Original post by EmilyP2016

I sent law off on tuesday and it came back today :h:
Original post by BR1999
I sent law off on tuesday and it came back today :h:

Oh that's quick. How did it go? I'm contemplating sending my AQA paper for remark
Well i sent my Law01 paper off for remark. Originally i got 67 UMS (73 Marks) which was a C and after remark i got 83 UMS (84 Marks), which was an A. Honestly if you think you've done better than the grade you were given, go and get a remark. :h:
Reply 272
Original post by BR1999
Well i sent my Law01 paper off for remark. Originally i got 67 UMS (73 Marks) which was a C and after remark i got 83 UMS (84 Marks), which was an A. Honestly if you think you've done better than the grade you were given, go and get a remark. :h:

ahhh congratulations thats amazing!! still awaiting my geog1 paper
Original post by gomc
ahhh congratulations thats amazing!! still awaiting my geog1 paper

Thank you :tongue:, what exam board are you with?
Got 475/600 UMS in OCR A level biology, which is 2 raw marks from an A. My teacher insisted it wasn't worth remark due to reforms....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 275
Original post by BR1999
Thank you :tongue:, what exam board are you with?

edexcel - in my mocks i was close to the ums cap and the real thing ive ended up with a c overall!! weird af
Reply 276
Original post by MPH1997
Got 475/600 UMS in OCR A level biology, which is 2 raw marks from an A. My teacher insisted it wasn't worth remark due to reforms....

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you have the money, remark it!! at least then you wont be pondering as to what could've happened

Oh that's quick. How did it go? I'm contemplating sending my AQA paper for remark

Takes up to 30 days with AQA - deffo send it for a remark if you believe you've been under-marked, better safe than sorry :smile:
guys how much was it for a remark, cos i had to pay 35 quid and seems over priced ?
Original post by Numero Uno
guys how much was it for a remark, cos i had to pay 35 quid and seems over priced ?

That's as cheap as it gets, some other boards are more expensive.

Quick Reply

Latest