The Student Room Group

Man said he's going to claim off my insurance but he was in the wrong?

Today I was driving on the country roads. As I've come to a junction to turn right I have stopped and waited for about 15 seconds until I seen it was clear to go. As I've gone a car has come whizzing around the bend at 35 - 40mph which caused him to swerve when he seen me so there was no accident. However, the driver of the vehicle then pulled over, waited for me to go past and he then quickly set off, over took me and slammed on his brakes right infront of my car, which could of caused an accident but luckily I'm a very aware and cautious driver so braked straight away and stopped my car. He came over to me with an aggressive manner and being verbally abusive, he pressured me into giving him my insurance details. This was my first time being in a situation like this, as I was on my own and intimidated by this man I stupidly gave them but didn't ask for his (I couldn't think because I was a bit shook up), there was no visible damage to his car that I could see but he accused me of scratching his tyre. He then said to me "you're going to f*cking pay for this, I'll make sure of it". I contacted my insurance company straight away and explained what had happened, I'm waiting for a call off the claims department in the morning. Would appreciate any advice for this matter!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Sounds like a crash for cash scumbag, if I were I'd get the police involved, if they haven't already been.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
What type of claim is he going to get from a scratched tyre??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Insurance company will fight your corner, they don't want to pay out any more than you do! I would make sure you report it to the Police by calling 101 and get an incident number, what he did to you is not on.
Reply 4
For the future id advise you to get a dashcam, you never know what you're going to encounter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a complete dick. Unfortunately, you're ****ed.

If you hit the car in front of you, it's always your fault because you didn't leave enough space and he will claim on your insurance.
Original post by Samee998
Sounds like a crash for cash scumbag, if I were I'd get the police involved, if they haven't already been.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it seems very suspicious to me.
Original post by Supersaps
What a complete dick. Unfortunately, you're ****ed.

If you hit the car in front of you, it's always your fault because you didn't leave enough space and he will claim on your insurance.

But I don't think she went into the back of him, I think it's because she caused him to swerve when she pulled out of the junction maybe?
Original post by Twinpeaks
But I don't think she went into the back of him, I think it's because she caused him to swerve when she pulled out of the junction maybe?

Oh, you're quite right, Twinny.

No harm, no foul then.

**** him!
Reply 9
Original post by Supersaps
Oh, you're quite right, Twinny.

No harm, no foul then.

**** him!

I contacted my insurance company today and they've heard nothing, so hopefully he realised he was in the wrong!
Reply 10
For the future id advise you to get a dashcam, you never know what you're going to encounter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely going to get one very soon!
Reply 11

Posted from TSR Mobile

My insurance told me to do the exact same if he attempts to claim!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending