The Student Room Group

What would you do if all of a sudden a trauma hit you?

The title says it all. I guess I don't need to explain myself anymore.
What will you do when you face with something you find too difficult to accept?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by A.Caster

I just had OCD ruin my A levels
Not "Trauma" but still unpleasent
I love this song personally
THe Chorus Lyric "Every Scar WIll BUild My..." Brings out the underdog in me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow_qI_F2ZJI
Reply 2

We all need time to grieve, however, this may be cliche AF but with time things should start to heal and get better.

The way I dealt with breaking up with my ex (we were serious and gonna get married) was binge watching shows.

Sorry if this isn't much help you didn't really tell me more about yourself and what you're facing.

Hope this helped

Kolia
Reply 3
Original post by Mvpmb

I have OCD too my man. Sucks tbh
It's going though, you just got to push through.
My trick is to satisfy my OCD by not doing the OCD I want to do... You have to do this a few times before you actually feel satisfaction and then that should help you at least for a little while... aha

Kolia
Reply 4
Original post by mikkolia
We all need time to grieve, however, this may be cliche AF but with time things should start to heal and get better.

The way I dealt with breaking up with my ex (we were serious and gonna get married) was binge watching shows.

Sorry if this isn't much help you didn't really tell me more about yourself and what you're facing.

Hope this helped

Kolia

What is the border line between loving someone and loving yourself do you think?

My boyfriend, who I've been in a relationship with for 5 years now, is leaving to live in a pagoda. He's not religious though. I totally understand how bad he needs to live quietly right now. I actually did suggest him the idea cause I can see how he's been struggling in terms of, eh how can I say, emotions (?). Kinda serious inner conflict for not knowing why the world the way it is, and even he himself. Those big questions about the world and individual you know. I'm not going to talk about his problems, just wanna give you like a basic idea.

I just find it too hard that I'm being left behind after all what we've been through. Some months ago I decided to give this relationship the last chance cause I didn't, and now I still don't, think I can endure any further pain. But he was so close to me you know.
Reply 5
Original post by Mvpmb

To "bring out the underdog" I like that :smile:
I'm going to fail a compulsory university module for the third time due to my mental health.

When I get my result, I anticipate crying, hating myself, drinking vast amounts of vodka (already got 2 bottles in the freezer), and probably refusing to leave my bed for a good week at least.
Reply 7
What is the border line between loving someone and loving yourself do you think?

My boyfriend, who I've been in a relationship with for 5 years now, is leaving to live in a pagoda. He's not religious though. I totally understand how bad he needs to live quietly right now. I actually did suggest him the idea cause I can see how he's been struggling in terms of, eh how can I say, emotions (?). Kinda serious inner conflict for not knowing why the world the way it is, and even he himself. Those big questions about the world and individual you know. I'm not going to talk about his problems, just wanna give you like a basic idea.

I just find it too hard that I'm being left behind after all what we've been through. Some months ago I decided to give this relationship the last chance cause I didn't, and now I still don't, think I can endure any further pain. But he was so close to me you know.

You are not selfish for wanting him to be with you as it is only natural but the fact that you suggested something that would be beneficial for him sacrificing your happiness shows you are a great person. It will be hard and painful seeing him go but you have to decide what is best for you. I would really talk to him and tell him how you really feel.

Remember with time it will heal and reduce the pain.

Hey, be strong for me k?

Message me if you need any help or advice from me

Kolia
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I'm going to fail a compulsory university module for the third time due to my mental health.

When I get my result, I anticipate crying, hating myself, drinking vast amounts of vodka (already got 2 bottles in the freezer), and probably refusing to leave my bed for a good week at least.

Hey, you should really be easy on yourself. If you need someone to talk to you should really talk to "Samaritans" or some other helpline that listen to you and are just there for people to talk to because we all need someone to talk to or something like that sometime, don't we?

Message me if you want to ask me or need any of my help

Kolia
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9

i suffered this in a road traffic accident 19 years ago. i haven't been the same since.
Roll with the punches, I guess. As far as I'm aware (I might have repressed stuff, who knows?) I've never been through anything that actually counts as "trauma", so I don't know how I'd react. The only way I'd know how to react would be to go through it, and you can't stop what's already started so I'd just kinda go with it and try to make the best of a bad situation.
Play hockey. It's the only thing that can calm me and stop me doing stupid things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by john2054
i suffered this in a road traffic accident 19 years ago. i haven't been the same since.

Oh I'm sorry :frown: . So how have things changed if you don't mind? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Drunk Punx
Roll with the punches, I guess. As far as I'm aware (I might have repressed stuff, who knows?) I've never been through anything that actually counts as "trauma", so I don't know how I'd react. The only way I'd know how to react would be to go through it, and you can't stop what's already started so I'd just kinda go with it and try to make the best of a bad situation.

So basically you will.... wait until all those ugly feelings are gone?

I hate it when I have lots of work to do that require concentration and my mind is just too busy with the present situation.
Reply 14
Original post by Moonstruck16
Play hockey. It's the only thing that can calm me and stop me doing stupid things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Playing sports may be a good choice :smile:
Reply 15

Well I think you may want to do sth with your mental health first to make it better because it's the source of everything :redface:

Your boyfriend sounds like a bit of a trainwreck, you the same?
Reply 17
...learn how to accept it?
Reply 18
Your boyfriend sounds like a bit of a trainwreck, you the same?

Trainwreck? what do you mean? I'm not from an English speaking country so I may not understand everything sometimes (and may misuse some words)
Oh I'm sorry :frown: . So how have things changed if you don't mind? :smile:

Severe head injury. read up about it. for one thing I don't breathe right. also I now have schizophrenia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending