The Student Room Group

Friendships feel like a one-way street. Becoming frustrated.

Does anyone else find that friends never ask you to do things, unless you ask them? I don't consider myself a boring person and put quite a lot of effort into being friendly, yet it appears people don't seem to care much and only ask when they need something. I must have asked about 20 people to hang out, with nearly all agreeing, and not one has bothered to ask in return.

Not really sure what I'm doing wrong. People seem keen to spend time with me, yet don't want to ask themselves? Even my girlfriend is a bit like this, where I always have to be the one to ask to do things.
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone else find that friends never ask you to do things, unless you ask them? I don't consider myself a boring person and put quite a lot of effort into being friendly, yet it appears people don't seem to care much and only ask when they need something. I must have asked about 20 people to hang out, with nearly all agreeing, and not one has bothered to ask in return.

Not really sure what I'm doing wrong. People seem keen to spend time with me, yet don't want to ask themselves? Even my girlfriend is a bit like this, where I always have to be the one to ask to do things.

I think that's something most of us have been through at one stage or another. Have you tried making some new friends? If your other friends won't put the effort in with you and it's getting to you then it's worth a try, for sure. Maybe they're just kinda introverted or indoorsy. I communicate with my friends online and honestly don't see them very often, but that's just how we work. We go out occasionally, like everyone few months, but that's just how we are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending