The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

'He got into Cambridge, which is the best place in the world for maths'
'wait wait wait, those rankings dont mean ****'
'dont be so humble m8'
'well it isn't like he's the best in the world, people did better than him at STEP'
'b**** pleeease, if I was the bestest in the world I wouldn't be hanging out with you lot'
My personal favourite has been
'F*ck you, why are you so smart?'
weirdly refreshing from the usual
at least you have been able to explain what step is, I dont think any of my relatives realise i had to sit extra exams to get in
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
"omg you must be so clever"
how do you actually respond to these things?! You sound like an absolute ass if you agree or disagree

Awkward conversation : Parents Version

"Congratulation! You must be really proud!"

........even more awkward when it's coming from a parent who's kid was rejected..............
I just bought a dressing gown and now my wardrobe is pretty much complete.

If you ever see a long, pink, hooded figure running across Newnham's gardens at 2am it's probably me
Original post by Serine Soul
I just bought a dressing gown and now my wardrobe is pretty much complete.

If you ever see a long, pink, hooded figure running across Newnham's gardens at 2am it's probably me

Gona go buy my suit tday lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Gona go buy my suit tday lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least with guys you can just have that one suit...

I feel like I need to buy 55 dresses
Smh I should have bought those ones I saw on sale before results day
Original post by Serine Soul
At least with guys you can just have that one suit...

I feel like I need to buy 55 dresses
Smh I should have bought those ones I saw on sale before results day

Haha lol.
I might be getting measured up for a decent one.
We just keep the one suit and switch shirts and ties.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1047
How much is the total accommodation costs at everyone's colleges, including overhead, computer network connection and medical taxi scheme?? my letter says that the total for 3 terms is £5391.90. Sounds like a lot...
Original post by 12284
How much is the total accommodation costs at everyone's colleges, including overhead, computer network connection and medical taxi scheme?? my letter says that the total for 3 terms is £5391.90. Sounds like a lot...

Hm that is alot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 12284

Which college? Is your room ensuite?

And, medical taxi scheme?
Reply 1050
Original post by 12284

Mine is about £3.8k for ensuite, £2.9k for shared bathroom I think. That includes all utilities and gigabit internet, deposit is £300 I think but that's for all 3 years.

What's a medical taxi scheme?
Original post by 12284

Does it include Kitchen Fixed Charge? Mine is £3594, including everything and £190 of meal credit. I think food is fairly expensive though (Homerton).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alow
Mine is about £3.8k for ensuite, £2.9k for shared bathroom I think. That includes all utilities and gigabit internet, deposit is £300 I think but that's for all 3 years.

Long live homerton.
Such great costs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweeneyrod
Does it include Kitchen Fixed Charge? Mine is £3594.

Mate wheree y getting exact costs?
I aint got nothing about accomodation yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1054
Long live homerton.
Such great costs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And that includes £600 a year to spend on food at college.

The internet is stupid fast too.
Original post by alow
And that includes £600 a year to spend on food at college.

The internet is stupid fast too.

Brilliant!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1056
Original post by jneill
Which college? Is your room ensuite?

And, medical taxi scheme?

Original post by alow

Original post by sweeneyrod
Does it include Kitchen Fixed Charge? Mine is £3594, including everything and £190 of meal credit. I think food is fairly expensive though (Homerton).

My college is Murray Edwards. On the letter it says that the medical taxi scheme is a termly contribution for transport to help students who are temporarily unable to travel to lectures, but it's only £3.30 per term. There's nothing in the letter about a Fixed Kitchen Charge so I don't know. This is quite a lot of money per year, most of my maintenence living loan is gone...
Reply 1057

Posted from TSR Mobile

£3706, with £190 a term for food included. I'm pretty sure all ensuite rooms at college are the same so yours should be the same as mine.
Original post by 12284

Original post by 12284
My college is Murray Edwards. On the letter it says that the medical taxi scheme is a termly contribution for transport to help students who are temporarily unable to travel to lectures, but it's only £3.30 per term. There's nothing in the letter about a Fixed Kitchen Charge so I don't know. This is quite a lot of money per year, most of my maintenence living loan is gone...

Maybe @MECAccess has some ideas on the costs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This booklet from this page (got it in an email ages ago).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending