The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3840
Original post by medic99
Read my posts on how these websites purposely give you lower scores. Ignore the scores. Good luck for tomorrow :smile:

okay, thank you very much!! I'll let you know how it goes :smile:
Original post by medic99
The Medify mocks are marked incredibly harsh unlike the real thing. When practicing avoid looking at scores because the highest you'll get is 550ish but this won't be replicated in the real thing. As I've mentioned in a previous post I got max 550 in AR in mocks and in the real thing got 790. IGNORE SCORES and keep refining you're techniques. Also practice in timed conditions. Good luck, hoped this helped :smile:

Thank you :-)
I'm thinking of getting medify. How many mocks do they give?
Original post by champ_mc99
I'm thinking of getting medify. How many mocks do they give?

3 full mocks, 2 of which exclude DM, as well as: VR, QR, AR and SJT mocks. You can only attempt each mock once, but you can review them whenever you want
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
3 full mocks, 2 of which exclude DM, as well as: VR, QR, AR and SJT mocks. You can only attempt each mock once, but you can review them whenever you want

How many mini mocks do they give you per sub section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you guys know if some test centres have harder tests than others?
You multiply by 600 then add 300 - other way around

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
How many mini mocks do they give you per sub section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only 1 unfortunately
Ok, hello guys
I took test few weeks ago, and SJT have been bugging the hell out of me

Result

VR= 580 (SH**)
QR= 830 (Well asian perk lol)
AR= 770
avg= 726.7
SJT= Band 3 (well..)
I want to apply for Medicine Kings College... and I do IB, and predicted is not out yet so, still doing my best!

Band 3 is poor, and I don't know what to expect, any guidance..?

Thank you!
Original post by marsbar3007
Hi - I know this has been asked before but I can't find it (I tried looking): Is the medify mock 1 meant to easy/hard/okay-ish? I just did it and didn't do too well... :frown:

also, do people finish all the practice questions before doing the mocks or do you guys do the mocks in between? I've finished most of the practice questions and I'm a bit worried now 0.0
I only have 8 days before my exam! :redface:

I haven't done mock 1 yet but medify state as long as you feel you've done enough questions then do a mock. No point wasting a mock if you've barely done any questions so just so as many questions as possible and then try again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marsbar3007
Hi - I know this has been asked before but I can't find it (I tried looking): Is the medify mock 1 meant to easy/hard/okay-ish? I just did it and didn't do too well... :frown:

also, do people finish all the practice questions before doing the mocks or do you guys do the mocks in between? I've finished most of the practice questions and I'm a bit worried now 0.0
I only have 8 days before my exam! :redface:

I've found it to be the easiest mock out of the ones I've done, but everyone usually does better in the real thing than in the mock, so it's still harder than the actual thing. And I've been doing the mocks between the questions, so i think I'd done about 1/3 of each section when i did mock 1 (had already done mini-mocks)
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello I'm going through my UCAS application this month and I really want to make sure that I stand a chance for an interview .I didn't do as well as expected in my UKCAT exam and I don't have the greatest grades. I got a total of 1850/2700 which gives an average of 617 on my UKCAT and for IGCSE i have 1 A* 4 A and 3 B. I also have so far a Greek A level grade A and an AS maths A*. My predictions lie somewhere between Maths A* Biology A* Chemistry A and Physics B.I have a lot of volunteering work with people and children with disabilities, generally nurseries, deaf people and I have also shadowed doctors and helped in the ER for a month. I also had an internship at a hospital abroad in which I observed surgeries for a month. :/ I've also lived with my grandparents for about 9 years which I took care of them since they had many health problems. In addition, no one from my family has studied at a university or higher degree of education.

I really want to study medicine because it's fascinating to me and I love caring for people but I don't think my grades can take me there.
Do I even stand a chance?
Original post by DragonEmily
Hello I'm going through my UCAS application this month and I really want to make sure that I stand a chance for an interview .I didn't do as well as expected in my UKCAT exam and I don't have the greatest grades. I got a total of 1850/2700 which gives an average of 617 on my UKCAT and for IGCSE i have 1 A* 4 A and 3 B. I also have so far a Greek A level grade A and an AS maths A*. My predictions lie somewhere between Maths A* Biology A* Chemistry A and Physics B.I have a lot of volunteering work with people and children with disabilities, generally nurseries, deaf people and I have also shadowed doctors and helped in the ER for a month. I also had an internship at a hospital abroad in which I observed surgeries for a month. :/ I've also lived with my grandparents for about 9 years which I took care of them since they had many health problems. In addition, no one from my family has studied at a university or higher degree of education.

I really want to study medicine because it's fascinating to me and I love caring for people but I don't think my grades can take me there.

You'd stand a great chance at keele. They have a UKCAT cut off score which is relatively low and selection process for interview is entirely on the Roles and Responsibilities form (google it and have a look if you want to) and if you fill that in right, they'd snap you up. They don't look at GCSEs, AS grades or predictions but the offer will be for A*AA. Other than that i don't know, avoid UKCAT heavy unis (newcastle, manchester, glasgow etc.) and GCSE heavy unis. Might be an idea posting it here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1043586
Original post by DragonEmily

Have a look at Bristol as well, they like good PS
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, I read in the 1000 Qs book that for SJT you will still get some kind of mark if you put v. appropriate over appropriate, same for interchanging the other two.

When I've been counting up my marks I've been essentially giving myself a .5 if I have answered in that way. Do you think that's realistic?

Cheers*
Original post by Fleuves
Hi, I read in the 1000 Qs book that for SJT you will still get some kind of mark if you put v. appropriate over appropriate, same for interchanging the other two.

When I've been counting up my marks I've been essentially giving myself a .5 if I have answered in that way. Do you think that's realistic?

Cheers*

Yeah, they havent announced what percentage of the mark you get but I would be suprised if it wasn't 0.33-0.5
Hi people .. I am an international student , i got 630 band 2 in ukcat which i have learnt isnt very good . Would some one know if i have chance at Exeter , dundee , queens belfast and nottingham . I am being specific because these are the only few universities that accept indian education . Thankyou for your time .
Hi everyone, I have my exam next saturday but im still getting less than half the questions right on all of the sections and I can't handle the timing so im getting in the 500's in the mocks... Any tips? Thanks :smile:
people that have done these mocks in the link.... how did you find them?????? ( not the extended vestions)

http://practice.ukcat.ac.uk/pages/menu.aspx?pack=2a35c9e1-ef11-449f-9762-3d5a3692550f
Original post by Fleuves

Cheers*

in the 1000q book (I'm assuming you're talking about the iscmedical one right?), go to pages 617-619, it tells you there how they mark it and the range of marks each band would be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending