The Student Room Group

what do i chose?

I have the choice of 3 subjects, I am definitely taking biology and chemistry but i am deciding between maths and psychology for my 3rd subject. I am interested in going into the medical area(not sure which part yet), which should i chose?
Original post by Annabelle_00
I have the choice of 3 subjects, I am definitely taking biology and chemistry but i am deciding between maths and psychology for my 3rd subject. I am interested in going into the medical area(not sure which part yet), which should i chose?

Unless you really enjoy the subject, I wouldn't choose maths just because of the crazy work load that would add up. Plus, psychology is an amazing subject which I would really recommend, yes it is also a difficult subject but keeps you interested and therefore motivated to handle the work load. Also, you already have two science which are great facilitating subjects if you were to go on to go to a Russell group university.
Original post by Shaunaa_mcg
Unless you really enjoy the subject, I wouldn't choose maths just because of the crazy work load that would add up. Plus, psychology is an amazing subject which I would really recommend, yes it is also a difficult subject but keeps you interested and therefore motivated to handle the work load. Also, you already have two science which are great facilitating subjects if you were to go on to go to a Russell group university.

The problem is I do really enjoy maths, I always have enjoyed it. However, I don't know if i will enjoy psychology I am just going off what other people are telling me.
there are no specifications for law though and maths is way more versatile and respected than psychology so totally go for it if you like it!
Reply 4
do maths if you enjoy it - i didn't do it but i did chem and bio and that was a *****tt ton of work so make sure the 3rd subject is something you ACTUALLY want to do or are really good at so it won't be too much workload over top of it

For example, I did chem bio phys and computing at AS, I dropped physics and carried on with comp, bio and chem
Now I liked comp at AS but lost interest by A2, and I hadn't done it at GCSE so I also had no idea how to program and had this coursework piece I had to do which involved a lot of programming and theory that I just didn't know how to do fast enough, and it took up most of my time when chem and bio should've been my focus. That knocked all of my grades down :colonhash:

so make sure you don't do anything new that you've never done before, like you've never done French or Spanish at GCSE and just decide to do them at A level - or you've never done Psychology at GCSE and you think doing it at A level is a good idea... bc it's really not when you're doing bio and chem as well x_x

remember you ain't doing this for fun you're doing this to get 3 As on a piece of paper so don't make it harder for yourself - simples :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest