The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by Commercial Paper
So what do they ask then if they ask nothing? They literally are just going to go by how you perform on this weird test - what is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just loads of that generic stuff, like where I live, what university, and a bunch of boxes to tick, the usual disability sutff and done.

Well, I have been invited to the Business Insight "Stage 1" which will take 50 minutes (untimed), so I think there will be a load of more questions.... really weird process so far
So what do they ask then if they ask nothing? They literally are just going to go by how you perform on this weird test - what is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're basically going CV blind until the 2nd round of interviews.

But it now goes:
Questions
Business challenge pt 1
Business challenge pt 2
First round interview
(CV gets asked for)
Second round interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Barclays New recruitment stages can be found here :smile:
http://joinus.barclays.com/emea/application-and-selection/
Original post by Princepieman
They're basically going CV blind until the 2nd round of interviews.

But it now goes:
Questions
Business challenge pt 1
Business challenge pt 2
First round interview
(CV gets asked for)
Second round interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where does the assessment centre fit in or have they got rid of that as well? Last year it was telephone interview > assessment centre.

What happens in the first round interview if they don't even know your profile? Does this apply to graduates as well?

Is the business challenge basically a situational judgement test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where does the assessment centre fit in or have they got rid of that as well? Last year it was telephone interview > assessment centre.

What happens in the first round interview if they don't even know your profile? Does this apply to graduates as well?

Is the business challenge basically a situational judgement test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Second round is kind of like an AC.

Well, I'd assume they would just ask the same competency questions as they normally would, if you think about it you don't actually need to know someone's profile in order to interview them on competency questions.

Yeah, kind of like a beefed up SJT but with more bells and whistles.

This is the new process for all graduate/undergraduate programmes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1305
Man this new process is an absolute pain

Well, I'd assume they would just ask the same competency questions as they normally would, if you think about it you don't actually need to know someone's profile in order to interview them on competency questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know if the second round will still have three interviews in it then?

Last year, it was a case study you'd present as a group to two bankers followed by three back-to-back interviews.

Or is the AC going to be experimental with weird stuff too?

If final year, would you apply to graduate or summer in this instance? I'm really torn with what to do for Barclays. I got to final round last year for summer but no offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pman. Hypothetically if you were a final year, would you apply for off-cycle or summer internship at Barclays?
Original post by AKRP
Just loads of that generic stuff, like where I live, what university, and a bunch of boxes to tick, the usual disability sutff and done.

Well, I have been invited to the Business Insight "Stage 1" which will take 50 minutes (untimed), so I think there will be a load of more questions.... really weird process so far

What's the deadline to complete the 1st stage?
Do you know if the second round will still have three interviews in it then?

Last year, it was a case study you'd present as a group to two bankers followed by three back-to-back interviews.

Or is the AC going to be experimental with weird stuff too?

If final year, would you apply to graduate or summer in this instance? I'm really torn with what to do for Barclays. I got to final round last year for summer but no offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea on the specifics, but from what I've heard there is a task you have to perform and a further set of interviews.

I would probably go for summer or off-cycle, conversion rates have been pretty bad this year - so not sure if they'll be looking to hire more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexjones1994
Pman. Hypothetically if you were a final year, would you apply for off-cycle or summer internship at Barclays?

Probably off-cycle, but it depends on your own schedule tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by olly_price
I can't figure out if you're joking or not.

You'll go far
Anyone have knowledge about Barclays off-cycles in IBD? spots open etc. Is it more competitive to get than summer?
Original post by sky-blue
What's the deadline to complete the 1st stage?

The email i just got says 5 working days
Are Barclays even hiring any IBD graduates in London? I can only find European locations...

Posted from TSR Mobile
So, have barclays completley got rid of their online numerical tests? I assume it wouldn't be involved in their business insight stage 1 or 2?
Original post by AenigmaFx
So, have barclays completley got rid of their online numerical tests? I assume it wouldn't be involved in their business insight stage 1 or 2?

I don't think they had them in the first place bud. I wouldn't rule it out from being involved in their business insight stages though. Look at the skills they are looking for here: 'Numerical Interpreter' and 'Critical Analyst' so they could be hint bombs but I seriously doubt it.

Original post by alexjones1994
I don't think they had them in the first place bud. I wouldn't rule it out from being involved in their business insight stages though. Look at the skills they are looking for here: 'Numerical Interpreter' and 'Critical Analyst' so they could be hint bombs but I seriously doubt it.

Ah well fair enough. Yeah you're right. The first one isn't timed, so in the case it comes up in that, it shouldn't be a problem. However it doesn't say anything about it being timed or not in the second one. Worse comes to worst it is timed. But yeah, how they explained it, it looks like a vamped up SJT
Barclays test is a bloody joke it just goes on and on and on and on and on. Literally had to get snacks to keep me going after an hour...
Original post by bored565
Barclays test is a bloody joke it just goes on and on and on and on and on. Literally had to get snacks to keep me going after an hour...

Haha, i'm going to be attempting it today. What type of things do they ask?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending