The Student Room Group

Need to decide where I'm going to apply!!

The date is near, and Im not sure where I stand with my achievements, and thought someone could tell me if I have any hope to do Medicine?!
GCSE: 8A* ,4A and a Distinction in Additional Maths
As: 4As (The 3 Science and Maths)
A2: Currently doing Biol, Chem and Maths (and The Welsh Bacc...)

UKCAT: Avarage of 680 (is that any good?!)
VR: 630
QR:720
AR: 690
SJT: Band 2 (is this going to be a issue?!)

Have been teaching maths to year 7s for a year and done loads of one week work experience, such as Volunteering at a Science Tent at a Welsh festival, care homes, hospital, leadership course, and a day at a GP

Swim regularly (grade 4 on the piano if thay counts for anything, hahah)

Do I even have a chance at Medicine because I know how incredibly competitve it is, and if so which Unis? I thought maybe Cardiff and Liverpool, but is my Ukcat too low for Liverpool? And any suggestions for the other two? Thanks!!
Original post by Twm2
The date is near, and Im not sure where I stand with my achievements, and thought someone could tell me if I have any hope to do Medicine?!
GCSE: 8A* ,4A and a Distinction in Additional Maths
As: 4As (The 3 Science and Maths)
A2: Currently doing Biol, Chem and Maths (and The Welsh Bacc...)

UKCAT: Avarage of 680 (is that any good?!)
VR: 630
QR:720
AR: 690
SJT: Band 2 (is this going to be a issue?!)

Have been teaching maths to year 7s for a year and done loads of one week work experience, such as Volunteering at a Science Tent at a Welsh festival, care homes, hospital, leadership course, and a day at a GP

Swim regularly (grade 4 on the piano if thay counts for anything, hahah)

Do I even have a chance at Medicine because I know how incredibly competitve it is, and if so which Unis? I thought maybe Cardiff and Liverpool, but is my Ukcat too low for Liverpool? And any suggestions for the other two? Thanks!!

Last year for Cardiff you needed 8A*s and 1A at GCSE to include english language, bio, Chem, physics and maths OR an amazing personal statement if you have less!
Your UKCAT is definetly good!

Liverpool is a good choice, have a look at leicester, nottingam, HYMS, UEA, SGUL, birmingham, manchester, aberdeen as these may be good for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending