The Student Room Group

Do I apply to medical school?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexdak0ta
I'll see what I can do guys, thanks so much it's all really helped!

PS. im a girl:p:D

Ah, I see - I'm very sorry :/
Reply 21
I have one real AS grade which is English Language and Literature which I achieved an A in, the rest are literally just results from crappy mocks my college made which is why I'm so stuck
Original post by A-LJLB
The difference here is that she doesn't have AS levels, so her place would be based purely on predicted grades :smile:

That's very true. I'm so confused about the system this year, because I've heard only certain subjects require to retake the exam in the linear way but others still count. But I don't understand the point of getting AS results?? Do unis not get the information that schools have?
Reply 23
Original post by Lunch@Tiffany
That's very true. I'm so confused about the system this year, because I've heard only certain subjects require to retake the exam in the linear way but others still count. But I don't understand the point of getting AS results?? Do unis not get the information that schools have?

Yeah it's really weird, only some have been reformed. But that means all of our real exams are at the end of the two years so nothing is set in stone :frown: Some sixth forms and colleges decided to put all of their students in for the AS exams anyway which won't actually count towards their final grade. I have no idea whether unis receive that information. I'm so confused myself:ahee:

Some schools simply don't submit their students for AS exams, which is the case for OP, meaning they don't have any AS grades to submit to universities
Reply 25
That's a good idea, I'm just concerned as some universities only allow you to apply to medicine there once

Normally they only allow you to apply once after you have had an interview and have been rejected after interview. So either way, if you get to interview in either year, you may only have one shot.

Double check with each med school though.
Yeah it's really weird, only some have been reformed. But that means all of our real exams are at the end of the two years so nothing is set in stone :frown: Some sixth forms and colleges decided to put all of their students in for the AS exams anyway which won't actually count towards their final grade. I have no idea whether unis receive that information. I'm so confused myself:ahee:

Do you know what, if you have AAA predicted grades go for it, otherwise you might regret it. Wish you all the best, and always know that it's not the end of the world and you can always do postgraduate medicine if you still want to after undergraduate (my positive outlook on life right now).
Reply 27
Do you know what, if you have AAA predicted grades go for it, otherwise you might regret it. Wish you all the best, and always know that it's not the end of the world and you can always do postgraduate medicine if you still want to after undergraduate (my positive outlook on life right now).

Thanks so much, I need the positivity! Good luck with everything you're doing :smile:
Reply 28
Since theAS doesnt count, if you persaude your teachers they might predict you higher. Its worth a try and im doing that. Also see if youre eligible for foundation medicine, they give offers with grades from ABB-BBC
Reply 29
Original post by tr.12
Since theAS doesnt count, if you persaude your teachers they might predict you higher. Its worth a try and im doing that. Also see if youre eligible for foundation medicine, they give offers with grades from ABB-BBC

Which med schools offer that and how do you know if you're eligible?
Reply 30
Which med schools offer that and how do you know if you're eligible?

Nottingham
Southampton
UEA
Kings

Google it, its different for each uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending